What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

The Equalizer was a fun movie. I mentioned it back a few hundred pages ago.

Didnt that used to be a show with Edward Woodward?
Yes, it has some of that in it. I can't remember that TV show so well but at least concept of vigilante is there like Denzel as Bronson.

Area 51 was a fun movie too.

I don't think Denzel makes a bad movie. I just loved how he would look and take everything in and then just do it! I'm glad he was able to still stay in that city and continue his life but then again he did get rid of all the Russian mob. If only this were possible, but still an entertaining movie.

I watched "The Judge" with Robert Downey Jr.

I knew his character had to go back to his hometown for his dad, but I didn't know his mother died and his dad was sick. God, losing both parents to colon cancer brought back too many bad memories for me and this movie had me sobbing so much.

I thought it was a good movie though. Great acting in it.

The ending where his dad passes wasn't realistic. I wish both my parents would have just fallen asleep and then died, but unfortunately both my parents suffered until they took their last breathe. This movie just reminded me how life sucks and screws most of us at the end of it.

We watched Kurt Kobain, a Montage of Heck last night. As a film telling a story, I really enjoyed it. Parts of the footage were a little disturbing, especially once Frances was born. There were quite a few references about Guns and Axl, I didn't realise they thought about Axl that much during smalltalk, it was interesting.

I don't think Denzel makes a bad movie. I just loved how he would look and take everything in and then just do it! I'm glad he was able to still stay in that city and continue his life but then again he did get rid of all the Russian mob. If only this were possible, but still an entertaining movie.

I knew his character had to go back to his hometown for his dad, but I didn't know his mother died and his dad was sick. God, losing both parents to colon cancer brought back too many bad memories for me and this movie had me sobbing so much.

The ending where his dad passes wasn't realistic. I wish both my parents would have just fallen asleep and then died, but unfortunately both my parents suffered until they took their last breathe. This movie just reminded me how life sucks and screws most of us at the end of it.

That's we got to party down.

I was thinking of watching The Judge and some Sean Penn movie I've forgotten the name of.

After I finish Devious Maids 2.

Last night I watched:

Nurse Jackie

Penny Dreadful

Salem

Guy's Grocery Games

That's we got to party down.
I was thinking of watching The Judge and some Sean Penn movie I've forgotten the name of.
After I finish Devious Maids 2.

Well like I said the Judge had some sad moments, but it was a very good movie. Robert Duval was amazing. He should have won that Oscar.

We watched Kurt Kobain, a Montage of Heck last night. As a film telling a story, I really enjoyed it. Parts of the footage were a little disturbing, especially once Frances was born. There were quite a few references about Guns and Axl, I didn't realise they thought about Axl that much during smalltalk, it was interesting.

The Soundgarden bit was funny too. Courtney is obsessed with stars. She was always talking about the best noses in rock. She basically instigated the Kurt Axl feud by shouting at Axl at the MTV awards. Kurt might have even toured GNR if Courtney wasn't there. Like FNM did for the money and prestige. Edited by wasted

The Whispers. It's interesting, but slow at times.

The kids who talk to their imaginary friend Grill get on my nerves, but I'm curious to see if it's aliens or another government trying to take down the US.

The Exorcist for about the 40th time, still tied with The Shining for greatest horror film of all time for me. An absolute monolith of creeping tension, part otherworldly demonic invasion, part detective story, part documentary... so many shades slathered across the disturbing canvas. The foreshadowing and little touches of poetic genius that you only appreciate after several watches are my fave parts, it's just a beautiful example of pure cinema even though many only care for the cheaper scares... the acting is exemplary, especially Ellen Burstyn.

Fury

Yes, it is alright. Does not really do anything Private Ryan didn't do or countless other war films (uninitiated young rubbish soldier amidst war hardened boorish comrades; war hardened boorish comrades are gradually killed off leaving a now, 'soldier' with a thousand yard stare). Brad Pitt's hair remains, impossibly in shape, amidst the horrors of the western front; brylcreem, ehh?

Edited by DieselDaisy