What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Guest Len B'stard

Tried watching a film called The Client yesterday. Fuckin' turned it off after about an hour, Susan Sarandon, Tommy Lee Jones...it began quite well, quite interesting but then it just dragged for like an hour with nothing happening, just that little kid gobbin' off the whole time, lost interest and turned it off...and it takes a lot for me to do that for a movie, once i begin watching one I tend to see it through, rarely, if ever, do i ditch a movie. Notable examples are Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise and Before and After, some shit-flick with Ed Furlong.

Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay

wonderful doc on the great sleight of hand master Ricky Jay and the magicians and sleight of hand artists that mentored and/or influenced him

Edited by axl666axl666

Guest Len B'stard

I don't know him at all but I will now! :)

On topic:

Car Jamming - The Clash

Not watching Match of the Day, always knew you were a shitty football fan!

fuck match of the day mate, i seen the scores and found out about the plays since before some fuckin' BBC poofter wrote a script out for shityerpants Linekar and Barren Hansen :P

I don't know him at all but I will now! :)

On topic:

Car Jamming - The Clash

Not watching Match of the Day, always knew you were a shitty football fan!

fuck match of the day mate, i seen the scores and found out about the plays since before some fuckin' BBC poofter wrote a script out for shityerpants Linekar and Barren Hansen :P

Found out about the plays?! What the fuck is this? Making it sound like American Football here Len, you do worry me sometimes :lol:

Tried watching a film called The Client yesterday. Fuckin' turned it off after about an hour, Susan Sarandon, Tommy Lee Jones...it began quite well, quite interesting but then it just dragged for like an hour with nothing happening, just that little kid gobbin' off the whole time, lost interest and turned it off...and it takes a lot for me to do that for a movie, once i begin watching one I tend to see it through, rarely, if ever, do i ditch a movie. Notable examples are Mission Impossible with Tom Cruise and Before and After, some shit-flick with Ed Furlong.

Was that the Tom Cruise Gene Hackman movie. Grisham adaptation? Sounds like no. I like that one, sort of another Few Good Men.

Hansen made 30 mik a year from MOTD. Hes retiring i think.

Was that the Tom Cruise Gene Hackman movie. Grisham adaptation? Sounds like no. I like that one, sort of another Few Good Men.

Hansen made 30 mik a year from MOTD. Hes retiring i think.

that's The Firm you're thinking of

but The Client is indeed a Grisham adaptation

Guest Len B'stard

How I won the War

- Dick Lester film with Frank Spencer and Lennon. Cack.

'THE BRITISH ARMY HAS ALWAYS FOUGHT THE WILY PATHAN!' :lol:

Love that film, brilliant satire :)

I do not think it hangs together too well as a film. There are some excellent scenes there like Lennon putting teaspoons of sand into the tea, but it is all over the shop as a film. When it is at its best, it is focused on Dads Army type comedy, taking the piss out of the British war effort, but it keeps delving into Pythonesque humour, moving torwards outright surealism, which is where the film fails I feel.

Guest Len B'stard

Grudge Match - Was alright, good laugh, nothing worth writing home about but reasonably entertaining

Judgement Night - Emilio Estevez, Cuba Gooding Jnr and Denis Leary in a movie about 4 friends who find themselves accidentally mixed up in a murder.