What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Well,

Robocop wasn't shit, but it wasn't memorable. It's an instantly forgettable piece of popcorn.

The serious drawback of it is that it has no real villains beyond one character who was so flat that he belonged in a bad television show. Pretty poor when you consider the original film had two sadistic wolves that made Murphy's revenge such a bloody delight.

Also, for an action movie, there was a conspicuous amount of action missing. A lot of existential pondering.

Another drawback is a serious lack of violence, I didn't realize it was PG-13 until about half way through when it dawned on me how bloodless and profanity free it was. :lol: It's not terrible at all, but falls well short of the original.

Edited by Angelica

Guest Len B'stard

The original RoboCop was fantastic - Boddicker is one of movies greatest villains and the film is a perfect satire. I just can't see the remake coming within a hundred miles of the original.

Can you fly Bobbyyy? :D

On topic:

The Man With The Golden Arm - Frank Sinatra, Kim Novak, cool movie about a junkie, guy who comes out of prison and wants to be a drummer. He's got a wife in a wheelchair whoose actually recovered but hasn't told him so he doesn't wanna get dumped for his bit on the side. Really cool movie, as is typical for Otto Preminger, daring subject matter too, junkies and that, for 1957.

Guest Len B'stard

Just saw Thief by Michael Mann and it's fantastic. Seriously felt a lot films nowadays copy this guy.

Absolute belter of a film, just class, nevermind Michael Mann, James Caan is class in that film!

I have faint memories of watching Conan the Destroyer as a kid and thinking it was lame even back then. Didn't bother with the remake. Looking forward to The Legend Of Conan with Arnie, though :wub:

Also, Schwarzenegger kicks ass in this trailer:

Sunday Night is apparently Woody Allen Night on the ABC err Latverian Broadcasting Channel...I watched Play it Again, Sam.

:wub: Often gets forgotten because he didn't direct it, but it's very funny. He and Diane Keaton could not have worked better together.

Guest Len B'stard

Is Wolf Creek the aussie film about getting lost in the outback?

Yeah, it's like a shitty (Tobe Hooper's) Texas Chainsaw Massacre with a better budget.

I caught that by accident on channel 4 years ago, it weren't as bad as all that man :) i guess i kinda stumbled on it without knowing anything or catching any hype so it caught me by suprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj6oKpcK8mU

Title song is pretty catchy. Getting into it.

The star of that film is a man named Mithun Chakarobhatti, seen many of his films.