What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Not a fan of The Departed? :(

I love everyone in that movie. Mark Wahlberg is hilarious.

Speaking of Scorsese, I bought Shutter Island tonight.

damn, I like Shutter Island even less!

I haven't liked any movie Scorsese's done with Leo. The Departed and Wolf of Wall St. while not "good films" are very enjoyable nonetheless and highly watchable. Gangs of NY and The Aviator are just crap though :(

have you seen Infernal Affairs?

Guest Len B'stard
The Departed and Wolf of Wall St. while not "good films" are very enjoyable nonetheless and highly watchable.

Doesn't that just make them good?

Well not really, a film can be enjoyable and highly watchable just for how bad it is :lol: Ever seen Iylsa: The She Wolf of the SS? :lol:

Finished Breaking Bad. Excellent show, I loved it! I wasn't sure I would since I haven't had that many realistic dramas (as opposed to sci-fi and the like) that I've liked before, but this was definitely worth watching.

I don't understand why people call Skylar a bitch? Her actions seem pretty understandable to me if you look at things from her perspective.

Finished Breaking Bad. Excellent show, I loved it! I wasn't sure I would since I haven't had that many realistic dramas (as opposed to sci-fi and the like) that I've liked before, but this was definitely worth watching.

I don't understand why people call Skylar a bitch? Her actions seem pretty understandable to me if you look at things from her perspective.

Very good show...probably one of the best I've ever watched.

I think a lot of the Skylar "hate" came from fans backing Walt...and wanting him to "win" for a while during the show...as the show came to an end...many of those fans fell off the Walter White/Heisenberg bandwagon and lessened their Skylar "hate".

Watched a few movies over the past week or so that I had never seen before.

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - one of those "must see" films that I had missed over the years. What a great cast, and Jack Nichsolson is terrific. Great film! Reminded me a bit of the tone/style of Cool Hand Luke but swap a prison for a mental institution.

Splice - I don't even know what to classify this movie as. Kind of unnerving but not scary, so I don't know if "horror" is right. Either way, decent entertainment in a disturbing way.

Gravity was beautiful.

After watching a few space movies within the last few months, I was holding off on it....but I might watch it tonight....just about everything I've heard about the movie has been positive.

Requiem For A Dream....just watched it....heck of a movie...sad, bizarre and bothersome....all in one....

I'd recommend Pi, the first movie of Requiem For A Dream's director Darren Aronofsky

It has the same qualities, but amplified

Requiem For A Dream....just watched it....heck of a movie...sad, bizarre and bothersome....all in one....

I'd recommend Pi, the first movie of Requiem For A Dream's director Darren Aronofsky

It has the same qualities, but amplified

Will have to take a look at it, thanks!

Guest Len B'stard

Love that film…doesn't give you an easy time at all, does it? If you like that you should also check out Last Exit to Brooklyn, it's an adaptation of a book by the same author as Requiem, Hubert Selby Jnr.

• Like 1