What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Grand Budapest is super sweet. His best since Tenenbaums. Everyone who failed to think to cast Fiennes in a comedy before (besides In Bruges) looks totally incompetent now.

I'm out of likes but agree completely

I loved it and I'm not a big Wes Anderson fan (even though Rushmore is on my top favorite films of all time)

they had the miniature model where I went to go see it .. super cute!

2014-03-08100430_zpscafebc4d.jpg

Edited by Gia

Finished Band of Brothers. Great mini-series. Will definitely go back and rewatch at some point.

Next I need to finish the last 3 episodes of Deadwood, then Season 4 of Weeds. Thankfully at that point I won't be in the middle of any series or seasons and will be able to "start fresh" with something.

• Like 1

The Man Who Knew Too Much, the original.

'30s English versus 50s American'. It is a hard question as both are masterpieces. '50s has the budget, exotic locations and Stewart - it also has 'Que Sara Sara'!. '30s has Peter Lorre - truly one of the greatest bad guys in cinema - and a shoot out finale which equals anything in British cinema. The English version for me but I will always love those scenes of Stewart on the eerie London streets - it reminds me of British streets on Sunday mornings which are always deserted for some reason.

It's because everybody is too hungover to get out of bed, let alone out of the house.

Out of the Furnace. That's how you do it.

Any good? I was interested in this, but never saw it.

Deer Hunter meets Fight Club. Very gritty. I think that was Woody playing the psycho. It's not a mind bending plot but very believable.

Edited by wasted

Non-Stop

I enjoyed it. At some points during the movie, I started to question certain elements....like, this doesn't make sense, why would they do this, etc....but in all fairness, by the end, the film tied everything together nicely enough to make it "believable".

• Like 1