What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

The Conjuring :scared:

What makes that film "creepy" is that apparently it's very close to what really happened...only a very few scenes were supposedly "made up"....most of it is supposed to be spot on.... :blink:

yeah I read that before watching it...alone, in my dark apartment :scared: :scared:

i did like the little hint at the end of them going to long island...i would assume for the amityville horror case

Just watched The Proposition from 2005, cool Australian western starring Ray Winstone and Guy Pearce (with a great supporting performance by John Hurt), I think it's based on true events.

I thought it was a pretty good film, liked the Nick Cave & Warren Ellis soundtrack, but the poster was amazing. I have it framed in an attic in my old home in Manchester, was thinking about it the other day:

proposition_ver3.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

Out of the Furnace. That's how you do it.

Any good? I was interested in this, but never saw it.

Deer Hunter meets Fight Club. Very gritty. I think that was Woody playing the psycho. It's not a mind bending plot but very believable.

Sounds good, i might have to watch it :)

Out of the Furnace. That's how you do it.

Any good? I was interested in this, but never saw it.

Deer Hunter meets Fight Club. Very gritty. I think that was Woody playing the psycho. It's not a mind bending plot but very believable.

Sounds good, i might have to watch it :)

It's similar in tone to something like Prisoners. It's not really much like Fight Club but there is some illegal bare knuckle fighting to the death stuff. Bale and Affleck are pretty good team.

Watched a bunch of films...

Blood Out

Fairly decent gang warfare film with the geezer from Boss, 50 Cents and Vinnie Jones.

Wind Chill

Horror. Does not really go anywhere but it is alright.

Night Watch

Russian weirdness

800 Bullets

Spanish spaghetti western comedy homage

Guest Len B'stard

Just watched The Proposition from 2005, cool Australian western starring Ray Winstone and Guy Pearce (with a great supporting performance by John Hurt), I think it's based on true events.

I thought it was a pretty good film, liked the Nick Cave & Warren Ellis soundtrack, but the poster was amazing. I have it framed in an attic in my old home in Manchester, was thinking about it the other day:

proposition_ver3.jpg

Ray Winstone and John Hurt eh? I'll have to have a gander :)

Cheap Thrills was pretty good. If you like dark & twisted...with a rather uncomfortable sense of realism....this movie is for you.....7/10

Watching Guns, Girls and Gambling now....it's been too long since I've watched a Christian Slater flick....

Previously listened to Stargazer by Rainbow.

Now it is Floods by Panera.

I think that was meant for a similar thread in a different section. :P

Ray Winstone and John Hurt eh? I'll have to have a gander :)

John Hurt's role wasn't terribly big, but he was excellent (as he always is). The movie's definitely worth a watch though.

Guest Len B'stard

Homefront. It kept losing momentum so I lost interest.

Slutty looking, white trash Winona is the best thing about that film. :wub:

There's something unhealthy about you young lady :lol: