What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Watched World War Z last night... considering the production issues the film had, it was pretty good. I think I prefer the release ending to the original - though I'd love to see that battle in Russia.

what's the original ending?

http://screenrant.com/world-war-z-movie-original-ending-sequel/

Also, watched Bad Grandpa last night. It was pretty funny, about as good as you'd expect one of Knoxville's movies to be.

I watched Grudge Match tonight after picking it up the other day. I wasn't sure what to expect because it's gotten some pretty rotten reviews, but I figured I'd like it just because it's Stallone and De Niro. It's definitely a "turn off your brain" kind of movie, but funny and entertaining all the same. Good stuff.

My roommate introduced me to Angry Boys; some show where an Australian bloke plays five characters. It was amusing.

Oh christ, that show. I love it, still haven't seen the second half of the twelve episodes though. Kinda hesitant to do that, since while I loved the first episode to death, I kinda liked each episode after less and less. Not cause of the boys or "Gram" though, they were always good and funny. It's just, the other three are really unlikeable for some reason, to me at least.

Joe - New Nicolas Cage movie I've been wanting to see for awhile. Pretty good. A little slow, but he gives a good performance and the movie is actually pretty powerful at parts.

he's getting good reviews for it

The Clown

Joe - New Nicolas Cage movie I've been wanting to see for awhile. Pretty good. A little slow, but he gives a good performance and the movie is actually pretty powerful at parts.

Cage, that freakishly talented Tye Sheridan kid and the guy who played the wretched father are great. The film is something special for most of it's length, but lets itself down with the ending.

Yeah, the ending could have been a little more "epic" (if that's what you were looking for?), or just better in general, but I wasn't entirely disappointed with it. And I agree about the kid. I was going to come back to the thread to mention him because I thought he was very good in Mud as well as this (which oddly enough, both movies are kind of alike? :lol:). And yeah, the dad was wretched alright. Putting that lightly.

People give Cage a lot of shit for his acting, which I still praise it from most of his movies, but they really don't see stuff like this where he gives just a nice, solid performance throughout.

Just saw Amazing Spider-Man 2. Really, really enjoyed it, much better than the last one which I did not care for.

3D webslinging was top-notch, villains were done well, first comic I ever bought was return of Electro (ASM #422), good to see how inventive they were with the character's powers in this film.

Tone is much more comic-booky and less 'epic' than the Raimi films. I loved the Raimi films, but it's good to see these go in a different direction, much more like the comic books, so the title is befitting.