What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Inglorious Basterds

Must have saw that in theaters 3 times when it came out, it's my favorite Tarantino movie (which I know probably just made most of you shun me from movie discussions).

That was the 2nd time I've watched it. I have it on Blu-Ray and I think it's a very good movie...I think it's right up there, among Tarantino's better films. :thumbsup:

Currently watching Don Jon

(I don't think I've ever had so much "De ja vu" throughout a movie..... :lol: )

Guest Len B'stard

Death Wish

Death Wish 2

Death Wish 3

Death Wish 4

Ever seen 5? :lol:

On topic:

New Jersey Drive (film about young lads who steal cars)

The Rise & Fall of The Clash (pretty cool documentary covering the final years of The Clash/their gradual post Shea Stadium collapse).

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Inglorious Basterds

Must have saw that in theaters 3 times when it came out, it's my favorite Tarantino movie (which I know probably just made most of you shun me from movie discussions).

That was the 2nd time I've watched it. I have it on Blu-Ray and I think it's a very good movie...I think it's right up there, among Tarantino's better films. :thumbsup:

Currently watching Don Jon

(I don't think I've ever had so much "De ja vu" throughout a movie..... :lol: )

Is that a polite way of telling us you're a massive wanker? :lol:

I forgot to mention last night, but I've been watching the new season of "The Boondocks." I missed the second week's episode, so of course something important happened in it, but I can gather what it was based on some things said in the most recent episode. Which, by the way, was hilarious. They had a full on Breaking Bad pilot parody going on.

Also watched "Hot Fuzz" and "Shaun of the Dead" again. I need to get around to watching the newest movie they did. Has anyone here seen it? It is just as good?

I forgot to mention last night, but I've been watching the new season of "The Boondocks." I missed the second week's episode, so of course something important happened in it, but I can gather what it was based on some things said in the most recent episode. Which, by the way, was hilarious. They had a full on Breaking Bad pilot parody going on.

Also watched "Hot Fuzz" and "Shaun of the Dead" again. I need to get around to watching the newest movie they did. Has anyone here seen it? It is just as good?

I saw The World's End in theaters and really liked it. Shaun of the Dead is great obviously, but the most recent move is very good. I still have yet to watch Hot Fuzz though, even though I own it. :tongue2:

I saw The World's End in theaters and really liked it. Shaun of the Dead is great obviously, but the most recent move is very good. I still have yet to watch Hot Fuzz though, even though I own it. :tongue2:

Nice, I'll have to check that out soon then. Also, glad to hear I'm not the only person who buys movies, then doesn't get around to watching them right off, haha. I've got five or six movies on my shelf I've opened but haven't watched yet. Pretty sure there's even one I haven't opened. I'd definitely recommend you watch Hot Fuzz sometime soon though, I actually liked it as much as I did Shaun of the Dead. It's hard to compare my likings of the two though, cause while the humor and way of story telling are similar, especially with the "parallel" moments Wright and Pegg seem so fond of, the two movies are very different in terms of plot, setting and even the characters. I guess you could say I enjoyed Hot Fuzz just as much as Shaun of the Dead, but in a different way. Eh, that probably didn't make much sense, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

While we're on the topic of Pegg/Wright works, have you ever seen "Spaced"?

Making my way thru the Star Trek films. Currently on Generations

2, 6 and First Contact are the best - 2 is probably the best overall.

3, 4 (in a silly way) and Generations are alright.

The rest are cack.

First Contact is awesome. It's both really dark and really campy at the same time.

Under Capricorn.

Probably Hitchcock's worst film. The only redeeming features are, some impressive cinematography and Bergman (faux Irish accent and all). It is weird. Beyond the camera work, it does not feel like a Hitch film, being as it is, all 'wordy'.

FINALLY got around to watching Wolf of Wall Street and I was fucking surprised. WAY better than I thought it would be. Damn good film, probably because my expectations weren't set too high but damn it was good and had some hilarious moments. Leo is great.

• Like 3