What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Edge of Tomorrow was surprisingly good. It was basically like playing PS4 with no save option. :lol: I loved it!

I loved this film too. Perhaps Tom's best since Minority Report.

I saw it in theaters too. Very good and original premise, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The ending could have been better though, seems like they grasped for a "happy ending" when a downer ending would have been the better and more logical way to go.

Then of course there's the obvious plot hole: How did that woman know she lost the "gift," when knowing for sure would require her to die and not come back? Especially during the whole "tried it, didn't work" things she said? Seriously, that's a huge hole in the film's logic. Still a great movie though.

[REC] 4 was great. I don't think I liked it as much as the first two (Too different to compare though, really), but it was much better than the third film, and that's coming from someone who actually enjoyed it. There was a Q&A session with the director afterwards and someone asked him what he thought of Quarantine - that was entertaining! :popcorn:

• Like 1

I read about 100 pages of the book thief, ironically I have it 5 years overdue from a library lol but I read about 7 books at once so it got lost in the shuffle somewhere. I'll find it again soon.

I watched Taxi Driver again the other night on the wide screen, absolute bliss, what a fucking descent De Niro goes into.

'Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up... Here is... you're dead...'

taxi-driver-talking.JPG

• Like 1

Under the Skin

5 minutes in and I couldn't wait for it to end. Stuck with it, though it wasn't worth my time.

I heard good things (though some of them mixed), and I knew it wasn't your normal type of movie, so I went into it without too high expectations.

Didn't matter, though. Aside from a good performance (I guess) from Scar Jo, it was mildly interesting at best, if that even.

I read about 100 pages of the book thief, ironically I have it 5 years overdue from a library lol but I read about 7 books at once so it got lost in the shuffle somewhere. I'll find it again soon.

I watched Taxi Driver again the other night on the wide screen, absolute bliss, what a fucking descent De Niro goes into.

'Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up... Here is... you're dead...'

taxi-driver-talking.JPG

Refreshing to know he enjoys Kellogs Cornflakes though eh? Do i see Frosties back there?

Edited by Lennie Godber
  • Like 1