What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Watching: A Most Wanted Man

Ended up watching this tonight actually. Very good. Great performance by Philip Seymour Hoffman. Makes me so sad watching him nowadays :(

Recommend film though.

It's very fine. He looks so unwell in it though, which makes it particularly wrenching. :(

Are you up to Fire Walk with Me yet?

Watching: A Most Wanted Man

Ended up watching this tonight actually. Very good. Great performance by Philip Seymour Hoffman. Makes me so sad watching him nowadays :(

Recommend film though.

It's very fine. He looks so unwell in it though, which makes it particularly wrenching. :(

Are you up to Fire Walk with Me yet?

I'm going to probably watch that tomorrow evening before I go see Interstellar :)

Saw Nightcrawler on friday. It is absolutely fantastic. It's easily my favorite wide-release film this year. It's probably my second favorite film overall this year after filth. I highly suggest everyone go see it.

Amazing movie, well crafted and executed in every possible way.

I am amidst a large Amicus phrase so, Asylum and The House That Dripped Blood. I love Hammer with a passion; Hammer is the studio which revitalised horror, hitherto a moribund genre, making Britain the horror centre of the world. It instigated the career of two of my favourite actors, Cushing and Lee. Amicus's productions however have aged a little better than Hammer's in my opinion: modern settings; irony; more, the psychological, less, the supernatural gothic. They also seemed to have developed the habit of grabbing a few big names (during the tail end of their careers) for their portmanteau horrors so you get people like Joan Collins and Richard Todd turning up - granted Hammer grabbed Bette Davis.

Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte.

He pulls a bit of a fast one with the whole ''who dunnit'' mystery, Aldrich, basically by showing culprits talking among themselves normally (i.e. sans, crime) and having sudden character changes. This is a bit cheeky of him and it does mar the film a bit, but this is still a superb follow up to Baby Jane and a brilliant Bette Davis performance. The bit where she stands up and shouts ''you vile sorry bitch'' to Olivier's character is hilarious - Davis at her best.

Cop Land

Good movie, for what it is. Sly Stallone intentionally gained something like 35 pounds of fat for the role.

and he still looks better than I ever have or will

It has a great cast and DeNiro's hair was all kinds of awesome

Road Games

I love that movie to death! Probably my favorite neo-Hitchcock (for lack of a better term).

Jamie Lee Curtis made a ton of movies at that time (Prom Night!! The Fog!!! Terror Train!!) but this is easily the best of the lot

• Like 1