What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Sudden Impact

Underrated film that. Actually closer to the original Dirty Harry template than the first movie was, an older man, more weary. I think it's really underrated, a very dark film. And Paul Drake is positively frightening as 'Mick the Rapist'.

Just watched The Marseilles Contract, Michael Caine, Anthony Quinn, Quinn plays an American Drug enforcement agent working out of Paris who is looking to catch this crime boss who is responsible for the murder of Quinns partner (whoose wife he happens to be shagging) so he hires Michael Caine, putting out a contract on the boss fella.

• Like 1

Finally managed to get out to see Furious 7 this afternoon. While the titles of the films keep getting worse, the series actually keeps getting better. It definitely lived up to the hype and has some of the most exciting action sequences in recent memory. Very good stuff, and a fitting tribute to Paul Walker.

Paddington, great family movie. Loved the bear.

I enjoyed it also.

I am watching The Walking Dead. Things I have learnt about a zombie invasion (if it happens),

- Tents in forests are a legit form of defense against zombies

- If you find a car, that car will conk out fairly soon when you are driving it.

- if you are black and male you will get barely speak and be bumped off quickly and replaced with another token 'black guy'.

- splitting up into groups or individuals is the correct way to proceed.

• Like 2

Kidnapping Mr Heineken.

It's not very flashy or that interesting but I also wasn't thinking this preposterous either. Which makes a change from action heist movies. If the could've got Hackman, still a decent cast. Hopkins is good but doesn't do enough to push it past a 5/10.

Edited by wasted