What are you watching? a.k.a. Film Thread v 2.0

Touch of Evil

Masterpiece. I love the sleazy rundown 'border' environment. Janet is not that lucky with motels, is she?

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Dreary. Simply dreary. Full of walking bits of CGI blobs making beeping sounds and Sub Byker Grove acting from the leads. Lucas did the impossible by making Samuel L Jackson look wank at acting! Some genius!

• Like 1

Watched Argo for my second time tonight. I don't cope well with the intense scenes at all, and can't really bear to watch them, even when I know the end is positive. DirtyDeeds actually recommended it to me, and I then saw the DVD in the supermarket for around £3, so got it. It was £3 well spent!

Mortdecai. Johnny Depp was pretty good. Overall I enjoyed it.

Hmm imdb 5.5/10

Rotten Tomatoes. 13%

I'm confused

The Gambler is pretty boring.

Dunno, the film's overall dynamic is boring a bit, but Mark Wahlberg actually playing good. The characters are also well developed

Touch of Evil

Masterpiece. I love the sleazy rundown 'border' environment. Janet is not that lucky with motels, is she?

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Dreary. Simply dreary. Full of walking bits of CGI blobs making beeping sounds and Sub Byker Grove acting from the leads. Lucas did the impossible by making Samuel L Jackson look wank at acting! Some genius!

That crane shot in beginning of Touch of Evil is majestic.

Mortdecai. Johnny Depp was pretty good. Overall I enjoyed it.

Hmm imdb 5.5/10

Rotten Tomatoes. 13%

I'm confused

The Gambler is pretty boring.

Dunno, the film's overall dynamic is boring a bit, but Mark Wahlberg actually playing good. The characters are also well developed

I'd had a few drinks so a 5 became a 7 I guess. It's not Step Bros or anything.

A highly disturbing little Australian flick called The Babadook. Recommended if you like your scary - scary.

Just watched it last night.

I would call this a horror movie because I think that the Babadook in the movie was a real monster.

Just like the movie The Exorcist the family had problems in this case a wife losing her husband and not being to get over it in 7 years. A son who never knew his dad and hating his mom for not sharing her memories of him. This to me made this family open to all evil in the world.

Her son Samuel was annoying in the beginning, but you realized his frustration of not knowing his dad and his mom in her own little world. In the end together they fought the Babadook to survive.

The only part I totally hated was when the mother killed the dog. I hate when animals are hurt or killed in movies.

I think the voice of the Babadook was scarier than his actual figure, but it was good because finally there is a different kind of horror monster who will scare the hell out of you!

A highly disturbing little Australian flick called The Babadook. Recommended if you like your scary - scary.

Just watched it last night.

I would call this a horror movie because I think that the Babadook in the movie was a real monster.

Just like the movie The Exorcist the family had problems in this case a wife losing her husband and not being to get over it in 7 years. A son who never knew his dad and hating his mom for not sharing her memories of him. This to me made this family open to all evil in the world.

Her son Samuel was annoying in the beginning, but you realized his frustration of not knowing his dad and his mom in her own little world. In the end together they fought the Babadook to survive.

The only part I totally hated was when the mother killed the dog. I hate when animals are hurt or killed in movies.

I think the voice of the Babadook was scarier than his actual figure, but it was good because finally there is a different kind of horror monster who will scare the hell out of you!

I really liked it, too. Grief was a real theme, and so was the not-oft-tackled 'I love my kid, but I HATE my kid!' - yet both mum and Samuel are sympathetic characters. And oh yes, the Babadook is real! I haven't been scared by a horror movie in a good long time, but this one did it.