Guns N' Roses Twitter post about New Album!

Jakey Styley

It was a great idea for the message board to come up with some questions to ask the band, and the level of detail provided here is fantastic. Eddie and the boys really took the time to --

Oh wait, we never did switch over to a Pearl Jam site, did we? Son of a bitch.

My take on it is this: Beta and / or Fernando took the questions to Axl, who does not want to say anything publicly at this time. So they decided rather than just ignore the question, to make this tweet to let everyone know there is no news forthcoming.

The question of course, which it seems we will never ever figure out the answer to, is what the fuck is going on in Axl's mind? He has been a part of or built 3 different but great, cool bands, and he singlehandedly destroyed all three of 'em. If he doesn't want to be in Guns n' Roses, why did he spend years taking all these steps to stay in Guns n' Roses? It fucking boggles the mind.

It really, really saddens me to say this, but I guess the only incentive these days to even have a Guns n' Roses is to tour sporadically to make enough money to sustain his lifestyle.

Yeah, I do occasionally wonder why Axl fought so hard for the GNR brand and to reinvent the band when in 2013 he seems to have no intrest in going further than one album and a band dedicated to covering past material.

I've wondered this too. I think he had all these grand plans but had poor to no ability to execute them. Now he's all but given up on new music...new anything really. It's sad.

This statement is dreadfully worded, and it does nothing to inspire any confidence in anything new even being written anytime soon.

Is the disconnect between management and the fans now so great that they don't have an inkling of how important new music is to the fanbase? Seriously.

• Like 1

Has it been confirmed Vanessa is pregnant? Maybe that's the reason for what looks like some upcoming time off.

That would only mean that she and her boyfriend won't join them on tour. Im jot so sure she has much of a managerial position like like beta and fernando have.

I can't see the multi million dollar tours being put on hold for one baby.

Completely disagree. Beta is going to be a Grandma! Fernando an uncle. Axl an "uncle" as well. I don't see this inseparable group of people going off in all different directions around the world. Beta especially will want to stay close to Vanessa's side. And wherever she is, Axl is not far behind. So if both Beta and Vanessa are out of commission, that only leaves Fernando possibly. Yeah, I can understand why there's nothing planned for the near future.

She's already a grandma. Her other son has a daughter, I believe.

This statement is dreadfully worded, and it does nothing to inspire any confidence in anything new even being written anytime soon.

Is the disconnect between management and the fans now so great that they don't have an inkling of how important new music is to the fanbase? Seriously.

I don't think it's a concern of theirs at all honestly.

• Like 1

It's not too late to turn News and Discussion into a Pearl Jam forum.

• Like 2

i love jarmo's reaction:

Common sense and experience tells you the band doesn't announce shows, albums or anything until there's something to announce.

Unfortunately, for some it's not enough. They keep asking for updates when there's nothing to update, hence this update.

It seems like some people need to be reminded of this fact occasionally.

Others know this and don't "demand" updates.

/jarmo

Demand? Fuck that. NGOG and Manets, show people the fucking letter.

i love jarmo's reaction:

Common sense and experience tells you the band doesn't announce shows, albums or anything until there's something to announce.

Unfortunately, for some it's not enough. They keep asking for updates when there's nothing to update, hence this update.

/jarmo

Seriously, fuck Jarmo.

On topic, why the fuck did Axl keep the name if he wasn't going to do something productive with it? In the last 20 years, we've got 16 new songs (counting OMG and Silkworms) including 1 full album of new material that took over a decade to be released. If Axl intends to continue as a nostalgia act, might as well call up Slash because people sure as hell aren't going to be paying to see DJ Ashba or Bumblefoot in a year or two if the nostalgia act continues to tour.

i love jarmo's reaction:

/jarmo

Demand? Fuck that. NGOG and Manets, show people the fucking letter.
They said the other day that they would show the letter regardless of the camps response. Lets see if they do that.

i love jarmo's reaction:

/jarmo

What do you expect from fakeGnR's mascot?

i love jarmo's reaction:

/jarmo

What do you expect from fakeGnR's mascot?
I agree with what Jarmo said with the exception of the "demand" part. That was uncalled for!

On topic, why the fuck did Axl keep the name if he wasn't going to do something productive with it? In the last 20 years, we've got 16 new songs (counting OMG and Silkworms) including 1 full album of new material that took over a decade to be released. If Axl intends to continue as a nostalgia act, might as well call up Slash because people sure as hell aren't going to be paying to see DJ Ashba or Bumblefoot in a year or two if the nostalgia act continues to tour.

Thats a perfectly worded post. However, I disagree with you on one thing: why do you think people will stop paying to see Ashba or Bumblefoot in a year or two? Hasn't it been long enough to people would and should have stopped paying awhile ago? I don't agree with their method, but it seems to be working perfectly: tour Europe as much as fucking possible because clearly any lineup of GNR will always be successful there, and then tour the US every 4 years when people haven't seen it in awhile and they get suckered into seeing it again. I mean come on, you are absolutely right that Axl is being a dick with not being productive with the name, but people should have stopped paying awhile ago and unfortunately I think he will always have his little army that will keep supporting him.

Yeah, the problem w the mascot is you have some members of the band saying one thing in interviews and others saying another then you get something like this - so where's the common sense -- jarmo should just shut the fuck up and cuddle with his axl real doll

Guns N' Roses ‏@gunsnroses 2m

Generally speaking, we have no information on tours, albums, or DVDs. When things get confirmed we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience

Translated to American: Fuckyou to the left and fuck you to the right without a reach around squeeze or a kiss. But thank you for your patience while we get it up.