The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

I think he knew about the meth before he saw them on TV. He read the newspapers and the meth was mentioned in it.

Oh really I didn't see that, that could be possible

I just don't see Walt flat out killing them - they may have pulled a dick move (albeit totally understandable) distancing themselves from the whole Heisenberg case but these were the people who offered to pay for his medical bills - even though Gretchen and Walt didn't end things on the best of terms I just can't see him effectively ending their lives because they wanted to keep their business. He is too calculated and not a cold blooded killer by nature

The Nazis on the other hand stole his current empire, the illegal meth version of Grey Matter if you will. That cash and legacy of Blue Sky is something that I assume he cares more about taking back. Killing the Grey Matter people won't cause anything to happen to Walt's benefit whereas the Nazis being dead will ensure his legacy and the money to possibly funnel to his family

I think he knew about the meth before he saw them on TV. He read the newspapers and the meth was mentioned in it.

Oh really I didn't see that, that could be possible

I just don't see Walt flat out killing them - they may have pulled a dick move (albeit totally understandable) distancing themselves from the whole Heisenberg case but these were the people who offered to pay for his medical bills - even though Gretchen and Walt didn't end things on the best of terms I just can't see him effectively ending their lives because they wanted to keep their business. He is too calculated and not a cold blooded killer by nature

The Nazis on the other hand stole his current empire, the illegal meth version of Grey Matter if you will. That cash and legacy of Blue Sky is something that I assume he cares more about taking back. Killing the Grey Matter people won't cause anything to happen to Walt's benefit whereas the Nazis being dead will ensure his legacy and the money to possibly funnel to his family

THIS. Walt has already build a company, been cut out, and feels the pain of that loss. He sees Lydia doing the same with Blue Sky; she has taken it over, and all of Walt's surviving ex-partners (Jesse, the Nazis, Todd, Lydia) are reaping the rewards. Walter White would let himself be walked all over like that; Heisenberg will not. Even if it means going out in a blaze of machine gun fire, no one is taking away Heisenberg's empire. Walt was searching for Heisenberg all episode without success: he tried to threaten Saul, but collapsed; he put the hat on and tried to leave the cabin, but was too weak; he tried to bandy his money about to control Saul's Fixer, but he wouldn't have it; he couldn't even support his family, his sole reason for creating Heisenberg in the first place. At the end of the day, it's the old egotism that gets the fire back under Heisenberg's ass. And now, Heisenberg is back. You're damn right.

But that's why this award show shit is such crap to me.

It should be less about politics and more about who's earned the most stripes.

Bryan, at the very least, deserved to win. And him winning three times already should have nothing to do with him not winning again if he truly deserved to win on his merits.

It's not about politics though... the Emmy for Best Actor is awarded based on ONE episode. Cranston was nominated for "Say My Name" and Jeff Daniels was nominated for The Newsroom pilot. Based on the performance in those two episodes - Daniels deserved his win.

Cranston will be nominated for Ozymandias next year and I don't think there's much chance anyone tops that.

Bryan, at the very least, deserved to win. And him winning three times already should have nothing to do with him not winning again if he truly deserved to win on his merits.

It's not about politics though... the Emmy for Best Actor is awarded based on ONE episode. Cranston was nominated for "Say My Name" and Jeff Daniels was nominated for The Newsroom pilot. Based on the performance in those two episodes - Daniels deserved his win.

Cranston will be nominated for Ozymandias next year and I don't think there's much chance anyone tops that.

Didn't know that's how it worked. So what episode were Anna, Aaron, and Jonathan nominated for?

Didn't know that's how it worked. So what episode were Anna, Aaron, and Jonathan nominated for?

Jonathan was also nominated for "Say My Name". Anna Gunn won hers for "Fifty-One" and Aaron Paul was nominated for "Buyout".

Do most people on here expect Walt to suddenly turn into Rambo for the final episode? I don't know, I have a hard time believing that Walt suddenly becomes proficient and strong enough to take out an entire gang of well trained Nazis with one gun. Would anyone else find this potential ending disappointing? I'm really hoping that the conclusion to this great show isn't that simple.

Do most people on here expect Walt to suddenly turn into Rambo for the final episode? I don't know, I have a hard time believing that Walt suddenly becomes proficient and strong enough to take out an entire gang of well trained Nazis with one gun. Would anyone else find this potential ending disappointing? I'm really hoping that the conclusion to this great show isn't that simple.

I've had that thought in the back of my mind since I saw the gun in the first place. Guess we'll find out in a few days.

Probably silly, but does anyone else think that the Ricin might not get used?

Sorta like how we all thought "Heisenberg" written on the wall had some sorta backstory?

Maybe the ricin is some sorta "joke" VG is playing on the fans?

Another fan on another forum had this theory.

Thoughts?

Edited by SunnyDRE

I was thinking the same thing, like maybe Walt was headed over to ABQ anyway so might as well throw it away possibly to save innocent future house buyers from accidently killing themselves with it or something

But I don't think they would show him very specifically going to get it if it wasn't going to play a major part in future events