The Breaking Bad Finale Discussion Thread [SPOILERS WITHIN - UP TO FINALE]

ManetsBR

"When casting reached out to Charlie Rose's production team, the host responded personally that he loved Vince Gilligan and of course would be a part of the show. The interview segment was filmed in just 30 minutes, during a small window when Adam Godley (Elliott) was in NYC and Jessica Hecht (Gretchen) had a break from her play."

This makes me think Gretchen and Elliot won't play a big part in the finale.

• Like 1

"When casting reached out to Charlie Rose's production team, the host responded personally that he loved Vince Gilligan and of course would be a part of the show. The interview segment was filmed in just 30 minutes, during a small window when Adam Godley (Elliott) was in NYC and Jessica Hecht (Gretchen) had a break from her play."

This makes me think Gretchen and Elliot won't play a big part in the finale.

Pretty much. He's not going for the Schwartzes. They just inspired him to go back to ABQ.

Naww...Walt sold out.

He sold he shares for "one month's rent."

I'm probably one of the few who aren't mad at Gretchen and Elliot.

Walt did admit that he was the one who made the mistake....his pride.

I don't think he goes after them.

Edited by SunnyDRE

So the speculation about Skyler being the dead a-la the bacon at Dennys must be wrong, yes?

Same with the last name being Marie's maiden name?

Yes. As we saw, Ed assigned Walt with the name Lambert - obviously Walt hasn't killed Marie or Skyler.

As for the Ricin - it'll get used. Remember that Vince loves to use Chekov's Gun - everything is shown for a reason. There would be no purpose of showing Walt going to get the ricin if it didn't still have a role to play.

Did Walt purposely not tell Todd how to make the meth blue back when they were cooking together?

I don't think he showed anyone unless he was forced to (or wanted to). Kind of like the recipe for Coca Cola or KFC - only a select few get to know. Todd was likely viewed as simple henchmen. Afterall, things were good with Jesse at the time. No real reason to share the recipe.

Jesse is a rat and Hank and Brocks mom are dead because if him.

But it's not really because he ratted that they're dead. It's because he's an idiot who saw more than what was really there. Had he just sat down with Walt on the bench none of this would have happened.

It's also funny to think that had Huell not lifted the weed from Jesse's pocket none of this would have happened either.

Jesse's major character flaw is that he can be easily manipulated, even when no one is trying to manipulate him. He's the antithesis of Heisenberg in that he has a hard time seeing the realities of the situation and understanding how things will play out. In that way they're another great example of the odd couple. Heisenberg channels his emotion to achieve the results he wants (fear drives him forward, whereas it drove Walt back). Jesse simply acts on impulse. The one time he tries to out Heisenberg Walt results in everything going to shit.

While I do have a certain level of sympathy for what has happened to Jesse, it's tempered by the fact that most of it is his doing by being so easily manipulated.

Sorta like how we all thought "Heisenberg" written on the wall had some sorta backstory?

I always figured that was just something that the skaters or someone else had written. However, didn't Walt take a note with the "numbers" of the location where he hid the money that was hanging on the fridge or something with him when he was there?

Jesse is a rat and Hank and Brocks mom are dead because if him.

But it's not really because he ratted that they're dead. It's because he's an idiot who saw more than what was really there. Had he just sat down with Walt on the bench none of this would have happened.

It's also funny to think that had Huell not lifted the weed from Jesse's pocket none of this would have happened either.

Jesse's major character flaw is that he can be easily manipulated, even when no one is trying to manipulate him. He's the antithesis of Heisenberg in that he has a hard time seeing the realities of the situation and understanding how things will play out. In that way they're another great example of the odd couple. Heisenberg channels his emotion to achieve the results he wants (fear drives him forward, whereas it drove Walt back). Jesse simply acts on impulse. The one time he tries to out Heisenberg Walt results in everything going to shit.

While I do have a certain level of sympathy for what has happened to Jesse, it's tempered by the fact that most of it is his doing by being so easily manipulated.

How can he see the "realities of a situation" - When Walt never tells him the truth?

Never a Jesse fanboy, but i'm not mad at him.