Lady Gaga - ARTPOP

Black Sabbath

"Aura", track one - if the album continues in this style I could be in for an excruciating experience.

"Venus" is bearable.

"G.U.Y" is the first OK track - sounds a lot like the hook in "Judas".

Again, you can get through "Sexxx Dreams". Memorable chorus.

"Jewels n' Drugs" - I initially had hope for this give T.I's involvement; worst track on the record yet.

"Manicure" is catchy - still, nothing to get excited over.

"Do What U Want" - love this number, reminds me of Madonna at her diva peak. Also nice to see R. Kelly get a mainstream cameo.

"Artpop", the title track, is ironically forgettable.

Anything good about "Swine" is ruined by several minutes worth of dubstep.

"Donatella" - the premise of a tribute to Versace on a mainstream pop record is ridiculous, and the song is ridiculous too. I had hoped it was an ode to my favorite Ninja Turtle.

If Gaga focused on making pop songs in the vein of "Fashion", as opposed to trivial shock tactics, she would have a good album.

"Mary Jane Holland" - Gaga is definitely leaving the silliness for earlier parts of the album. Another good song.

"Dope" - is there an industry stipulation that every diva record must have a poignant ballad? It would seem so. "I need you more than dope" - need I say more?

"Gypsy" - pacy, semi-enjoyable pop song. Not much more to say.

"Applause" - when Gaga first released this single, I thought it was merely the commercial introduction to a much more interesting album. I was wrong. Probably the second strongest track on Artpop unfortunately.

Edited by NGOG

"Aura", track one - if the album continues in this style I could be in for an excruciating experience.

"Venus" is bearable.

"G.U.Y" is the first OK track - sounds a lot like the hook in "Judas".

Again, you can get through "Sexxx Dreams". Memorable chorus.

"Jewels n' Drugs" - I initially had hope for this give T.I's involvement; worst track on the record yet.

"Manicure" is catchy - still, nothing to get excited over.

"Do What U Want" - love this number, reminds me of Madonna at her diva peak. Also nice to see R. Kelly get a mainstream cameo.

"Artpop", the title track, is ironically forgettable.

Anything good about "Swine" is ruined by several minutes worth of dubstep.

"Donatella" - the premise of a tribute to Versace on a mainstream pop record is ridiculous, and the song is ridiculous too. I had hoped it was an ode to my favorite Ninja Turtle.

If Gaga focused on making pop songs in the vein of "Fashion", as opposed to trivial shock tactics, she would have a good album.

"Mary Jane Holland" - Gaga is definitely leaving the silliness for earlier parts of the album. Another good song.

"Dope" - is there an industry stipulation that every diva record must have a poignant ballad? It would seem so. "I need you more than dope" - need I say more?

"Gypsy" - pacy, semi-enjoyable pop song. Not much more to say.

"Applause" - when Gaga first released this single, I thought it was merely the commercial introduction to a much more interesting album. I was wrong. Probably the second strongest track on Artpop unfortunately.

All in all - I give Artpop 2.5/5.

Loving Manicure (bet the guitar solo will be amazing live), GUY, and Do What U Want. Applause has grown on me a bit, but still not a classic. I quite like Aura in its own offbeat way. Sexxx Dreams is OK. Donatella's batshit crazy, Fashion is funky.

I really did not like Born This Way, but absolutely love this mashup of Judas and Painkiller, which I prefer to the original songs:

What's wrong with enjoying an artist, whether they're male or female?

Exactly.

Guys can enjoy pop music too. By your logic, there shouldn't be any female GNR fans. Unless, you're speculating that they would be fans only because of Axl's looks in the 90s, which would be utterly absurd.

What's wrong with enjoying an artist, whether they're male or female?

She makes cheesy dance music. I just think it is an interesting phenomenon. I don't remember guys being excited for new Mariah Carey or Madonna albums.

Edited by Randy Lahey

How many times is Randy going to mention guys not buying Madonna albums in this thread...

On vinyl alone, I own her first album, True Blue, The Immaculate Collection, Music and Something To Remember. So I guess I'm the guy buying the Madonna albums :lol:

• Like 1