Marc, Do you think playing at the Hall of Fame minus Axl drove the relationship with Axl and Slash even further into the ground?

wfuckinga

I don't think Axl liked the fact they they did but what choice did they have. I'm sure they would have love to play with Axl but I don't think Axl was ready for that yet. Slash, Duff and Steven earned the right to be there and preform. It was sad that Axl wasn't able to do it too. After all he was the most important member of the band. I don't think Axl wanted Slash anywhere near the name GNR, so it didn't help things between them. No matter what Slash will always be affiliated with the GNR name even in 300 years form now.

Slash is proud of where he came from and AFD was a huge accomplishment for all the guys involved so I see nothing wrong with any of them being there to accept that honor and preform some of the songs. Im not so sure that having Myles sing with them was going to score any brownie points with Axl. I think they should have used someone more neutral that is not already in Slash's band. Although he did do a great job and he does know the songs well.

After all he was the most important member of the band.

Do you really believe that? I have always thought the most important member was Izzy. Just look at the songs Izzy wrote by himself: Think About You, Patience, Used To Love Her, Bad Obsession, Double Talk' Jive, Pretty Tied Up. And he co-wrote some incredible stuff also: Don't Cry, You Could Be Mine, 14 Years.

Izzy was very important because he was the one that help set the image and was a great song started and wrote lyrics but Axl also wrote a lot of the lyrics and melodies and lets not forget about the vocals and he is the front man so that will always make him the most important member. However they were all very important and it was a team effort to make the record happen.

Edited by recklessroad

The Izzy thing is a nonissue with me. Yes, he should have been there and I love him and he's important and its sad he wasn't there. But I believe he said if Axl went, he would go. I don't chalk his not coming to anything other than hating the limelight and unless he wasn't the only one not going he would have been there. He likes them all, he just hates the praise. This was perhaps Izzy at his finest, and unlike Axl, I thought he was still there in spirit. He just can't overcome that thing of being in a crowd. Axl actively seeked not being there and I agree 100% with what Marc said. One of the reasons I didn't want them being inducted yet. I thought this was kind of the last major thing to bring them together (no matter how idiotic the Hall Of Fame is) and it happened too soon. Axl is still fighting so if they were given another 3-5 years I think tensions might have gone down.

• Like 1

The Izzy thing is a nonissue with me. Yes, he should have been there and I love him and he's important and its sad he wasn't there. But I believe he said if Axl went, he would go. I don't chalk his not coming to anything other than hating the limelight and unless he wasn't the only one not going he would have been there. He likes them all, he just hates the praise. This was perhaps Izzy at his finest, and unlike Axl, I thought he was still there in spirit. He just can't overcome that thing of being in a crowd. Axl actively seeked not being there and I agree 100% with what Marc said. One of the reasons I didn't want them being inducted yet. I thought this was kind of the last major thing to bring them together (no matter how idiotic the Hall Of Fame is) and it happened too soon. Axl is still fighting so if they were given another 3-5 years I think tensions might have gone down.

Never though of it that way, but I agree with you. Had they not been inducted for a few more years, things could've cooled down a bit to the point where maybe Axl would consider it. Would have been a great catalyst to end the feud.

At this point I dont hold hope for a reunion anymore, but a reconciliation and some guest appearances here and there from each other would be amazing. I hope to see that one day.

At this point I dont hold hope for a reunion anymore, but a reconciliation and some guest appearances here and there from each other would be amazing. I hope to see that one day.

Totally agree. I don't hope and think a reunion will happen anymore just because it seems so unlikely. There's nothing pulling Axl and Slash together and I feel a reunion will now only happen if Axl backs down alot, which is uncharacteristic of him and I don't see him doing. Slash, Duff, Matt, and possibly Steven and Izzy will always play together with each other, either in bands or as one of performances. That I don't doubt. I DO doubt ever seeing Slash and Axl on the same stage ever again, in which I hope there's a miracle to prove me wrong. Its been 20 years since they've played a show together, if there's not something like the Rock Hall Of Fame (or a RIP magazine party LOL) pulling them together, I think its been too long for anything to actually change.