Do you think GNR are that annoyed by the leaking of “Going Down”?

Guest NGOG

Aside from the initial anger of having your fanbase act against your interests, do you think GNR management are that bothered by the leaking of “Going Down”? Clearly it wasn’t what Axl would deem a ‘big gun’ otherwise it wouldn’t have been appearing as a candidate on GNR sets.

Furthermore, you’ve had a distinctly good media response to the song. Perhaps it could potentially put GNR in better stead with Interscope?

if they comment how angry there, they will only attract more attention to it. Considering the millions of followers, I bet most of them don't know a song leaked, less those that frequent forums.

So, just cause we haven't heard anything doesn't mean there not pissed off, besides, Dell spoke out about it and I'd say that's pretty much the view from the camp.

Aside from the initial anger of having your fanbase act against your interests, do you think GNR management are that bothered by the leaking of “Going Down”? Clearly it wasn’t what Axl would deem a ‘big gun’ otherwise it wouldn’t have been appearing as a candidate on GNR sets.

I think the majority of band members are happy it got leaked or couldn't care one way or the other, so overall I'd say that GN'R isn't very pissed.

Considering GnR posted a link to where it was streaming on their Facebook page, I doubt they're that pissed..... they're probably behind it anyways.

Link?

Their camp functions differently than most band's camps, so who knows.

Axl seems to crave reasons to delay releasing music, so maybe they will feint (sp) anger but deep down be happy as they can use it as an excuse to delay the next album.

The ONLY thing they should take from this is how many FANS have commented on how they like the "vibe" of the song. Not overproduced, earthy, organic, straight forward rock song, etc. People seem to be liking the fact it doesn't seem like a song that was reworked and tinkered with for 15 years and recorded in 10 second increments. And that fans would rather get a great album every 3-5 years than get an attempt at a masterpiece every 20 years. And that sometimes Less is More.

That's what the camp should be thinking about.

• Like 1

They were known leaks, so they were probably expecting them to come out at some point. It's probably an annoyance that unfinished songs are making it out and being critiqued, when doing hearing the finished song then going into the rough mixes would sit well with the band.

Question is how Tommy feels about the song being out there?

They were known leaks, so they were probably expecting them to come out at some point. It's probably an annoyance that unfinished songs are making it out and being critiqued, when doing hearing the finished song then going into the rough mixes would sit well with the band.

UNFINISHED? Gimme a fucking break, this song is done and sounds perfect in any way. It is not an unfinished song, and considering is as such is exactly why we've only had a handful of songs released in 20 years.

• Like 1

UNFINISHED? Gimme a fucking break, this song is done and sounds perfect in any way. It is not an unfinished song, and considering is as such is exactly why we've only had a handful of songs released in 20 years.

If you consider the quality of the leak properly mixed and mastered then you need to clean your ears.

If you consider the quality of the leak properly mixed and mastered then you need to clean your ears.

mixing and mastering has nothing to do with a finished song. Songs are finished long before that stage. This is a finished song, and if anyone think's it's not (including Axl) then they are fucking loony.

mixing and mastering has nothing to do with a finished song. Songs are finished long before that stage. This is a finished song, and if anyone think's it's not (including Axl) then they are fucking loony.

I disagree. If something isn't ready to be heard then it isn't "finished". Especially when the mix and volume are completely off.

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 1

Who gives a fuck what they think. All the bullshit they've spouted over the years about music. Releasing music is not rocket science so at this point I don't care how we get music or what they think of it.

Agreed.

And might I add that you have an amazing voice.

I'm kinda in the middle with you both, but I mean I think the song is finished writing wise. At least it should be. Still needs to be properly mixed and mastered as someone already pointed out.

but there's a difference between an unfinished song and an unmixed song. those are two completely different things. This is a finished song, anyone who says otherwise doen'st have any idea wtf they are talking about.

Who gives a fuck what they think. All the bullshit they've spouted over the years about music. Releasing music is not rocket science so at this point I don't care how we get music or what they think of it.

Agreed.

Random, but thank you.

People bitching about unfinished. This has Buckethead on it, which means at the latest it was recorded in 04', is 9 years not long enough to release the "finished" version? They had their chance, they sat with their thumbs up their asses and didn't do shit with it. So we're taking what we can get, finished or not. Too bad, band, get off your ass and release something.

Their camp functions differently than most band's camps, so who knows.

Axl seems to crave reasons to delay releasing music, so maybe they will feint (sp) anger but deep down be happy as they can use it as an excuse to delay the next album.

The ONLY thing they should take from this is how many FANS have commented on how they like the "vibe" of the song. Not overproduced, earthy, organic, straight forward rock song, etc. People seem to be liking the fact it doesn't seem like a song that was reworked and tinkered with for 15 years and recorded in 10 second increments. And that fans would rather get a great album every 3-5 years than get an attempt at a masterpiece every 20 years. And that sometimes Less is More.

That's what the camp should be thinking about.

Good point. I wouldn't mind Axl going for it once in awhile, if they were putting out more stripped down RnR music.

It seems that over production is one of the biggest gripes amongst fans. I don't mind the November Rains or TwaTs, but I think more people would be happy if the band got back to their rock roots, so would I to be honest.

I'm gonna start by saying I REALLY LIKE CD. But having said that, leaks are the only way we even get to sniff any kind of new music by this band. So I don't really give a fuck what Beta, Axl, or anyone else thinks. I will buy any new material they put out, but thats the problem huh? I, like so many have been through this shit before. I have been following the dinosaur movement of, this man really, since 1995. I have bought the following the DAY of their release; live era, end of days soundtrack, greatest hits, and chinese democracy (both cd and vinyl). I have attended may concerts also. I have done everything I can do as a fan, so I don't feel one bit guilty having these leaks. I fucking deserve it honestly. Just like I didn't feel bad getting leaks back in 06'. So I guess we should expect a new album in 2015, if history repeats.

Agreed.

Random, but thank you.

People bitching about unfinished. This has Buckethead on it, which means at the latest it was recorded in 04', is 9 years not long enough to release the "finished" version? They had their chance, they sat with their thumbs up their asses and didn't do shit with it. So we're taking what we can get, finished or not. Too bad, band, get off your ass and release something.

Agreed 100%. But it has Ron's solo doesn't it? Means it was "updated" at least in 2006, right?

Agreed.

Random, but thank you.

Agreed 100%. But it has Ron's solo doesn't it? Means it was "updated" at least in 2006, right?

I don't see why Axl or the band would be pissed off it barely effects them. Tommy is the one that would be most concerned by its leak. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about they guy's solo stuff but i'd imagine, based on people on here that are familiar with his work, that this is one of his stronger releases. Coupled with a guest appearance from Guns n Roses - this could have been a huge deal for him had it been released officially.

Tommy Stinson ft GnR - Going Down. The press would have given it attention for having Axl vocals on it, meaning exposure to his work and he could have made some decent amount of money off it and gained a few new fans from it.

It's Tommy that should be annoyed, not Axl or his band members.