Ladies and gents, meet your new Batman...

Nothing against Bale but (like others have said) his career was essentially launched because of Batman....unlike RDJ, who was already a mainstream celebrity before Iron Man.

Iron Man revived RDJ's career. The biggest role he had before that was probably Zodiac.

In more recent years, maybe - but RDJ's career filmography trumps Bale's...by a mile. Plus, RDJ's acting style dominates his characters while Bale's acting style is much more submissive to his characters.

I think there will be a backlash againgst this Batman movie. Even nerds have to be sick of this now. Christian Bale didn't even die when he sat on a detonanted nuke now Bennifer is Batman. I guess if it's cartoony kind of thing then ok. But if Ben is low talking in a bulletproof suit it's going to suck. who plays that butler now? Deniro?

Nothing against Bale but (like others have said) his career was essentially launched because of Batman....unlike RDJ, who was already a mainstream celebrity before Iron Man.

Iron Man revived RDJ's career. The biggest role he had before that was probably Zodiac.

In more recent years, maybe - but RDJ's career filmography trumps Bale's...by a mile. Plus, RDJ's acting style dominates his characters while Bale's acting style is much more submissive to his characters.

The Fighter alone trumps most of Downey's best work. Let's be real here he's become a Johnny Depp of sorts he does Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes.

Couldn't care less if Cranston "fits" Lex Luthor or not. Movies and TV shows staying true to the comic book isn't always a good thing. Cranston will make a fantastic villain.

I don't doubt that, I'm not totally against Aflek as Batman either, just saying I think the "bald guy" thing came into play when selecting Cranston and it reminds me of how James Gandolfini was stereo-casted in roles and had a tough time escaping Tony Soprano.

They deliberately cast somebody like Cranston to engage the mass of people intrigued by Breaking Bad. They cast Ben Affleck for a similar reason, to engage the Hollywood enthusiasts. It's going to be a very successful cash grab.

Edited by NGOG

Why do you think an actor cares about being indentifiable to children? When they look upon Ben Affleck they aren't recognizing him as a prolific actor, they're merely recnognizing the person in the cape.

Edited by NGOG