Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

I am dumb. I attended that big Detroit concert, last month. Diana Ross, Eminem, Big Sean, Slum Village, Jellyroll, Jack White, and more. The Jack White performance blew me TF away and I have been on a massive JW and White Stripes kick, lately. Jack owns a record label as I am sure most of you know, Third Man Records, and they have a plant and store in Detroit right by where the concert was. They have a truck that sells records and at the concert they had "hyper exclusive" as they called them pressings of three albums. Only 100 each were made and only for this event- 

Elephant by the White Stripes (red splatter)
Greatest Hits by The White Stripes (red)
Fear of the Dawn by Jack White (blue splatter)

I stupidly passed on Elephant because it was $100 double album. I opted for the blue splatter Fear of the Dawn at $50. I am not big into color variants and stuff, but the color pattern is like a work of art on this thing. It is super cool, and a beautiful record and I am happy to have it but fuck I have been thinking about that Elephant nonstop. 

At only 100 copies of each album, they have gotten very expensive online, and I know they will all dry up, soon. I have been obsessing over Elephant because the red splatter pattern is genuinely the most gorgeous record I have ever seen. It is an art piece. That is one of the most significant rock albums of the 2000s, and this is now the rarest edition of it, and I was at the show, so FUCK IT. I just ordered the last one on eBay. By far the most I have ever spent on an album. Fuck me, but I had to have it. 

Moral of the story... Don't pass up on the rare shit when you can get it for face value...

Edited by ZoSoRose

10 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am dumb. I attended that big Detroit concert, last month. Diana Ross, Eminem, Big Sean, Slum Village, Jellyroll, Jack White, and more. The Jack White performance blew me TF away and I have been on a massive JW and White Stripes kick, lately. Jack owns a record label as I am sure most of you know, Third Man Records, and they have a plant and store in Detroit right by where the concert was. They have a truck that sells records and at the concert they had "hyper exclusive" as they called them pressings of three albums. Only 100 each were made and only for this event- 

Elephant by the White Stripes (red splatter)
Greatest Hits by The White Stripes (red)
Fear of the Dawn by Jack White (blue splatter)

I stupidly passed on Elephant because it was $100 double album. I opted for the blue splatter Fear of the Dawn at $50. I am not big into color variants and stuff, but the color pattern is like a work of art on this thing. It is super cool, and a beautiful record and I am happy to have it but fuck I have been thinking about that Elephant nonstop. 

At only 100 copies of each album, they have gotten very expensive online, and I know they will all dry up, soon. I have been obsessing over Elephant because the red splatter pattern is genuinely the most gorgeous record I have ever seen. It is an art piece. That is one of the most significant rock albums of the 2000s, and this is now the rarest edition of it, and I was at the show, so FUCK IT. I just ordered the last one on eBay. By far the most I have ever spent on an album. Fuck me, but I had to have it. 

Moral of the story... Don't pass up on the rare shit when you can get it for face value...

at least you've corrected your "mistake" since you wanted that vinyl. sometimes the merchant asks for more money cause the product is worth it. I think the Elephant vinyl is worth the 100$, though it's not cheap. congrats for getting the last one.

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

at least you've corrected your "mistake" since you wanted that vinyl. sometimes the merchant asks for more money cause the product is worth it. I think the Elephant vinyl is worth the 100$, though it's not cheap. congrats for getting the last one.

For sure, I am glad I have it now. I spent way more than the $100 they originally were, but it is what it is. 

• GNFNR 1