When did Axl start adding the "that's one more failure" bits to SOD live?

Amir

Not one of my favourite tracks (prob my least fave off CD), but I like those backing vocal bits on the outro of the final studio version. Watching Hammerstein boot now, surprised he hadn't added that by early 2006, but I think I did see a 2006 boot at some point where he sang those lyrics at the end, anyone know which was the first show he did so?

Thought it was "what'd I tell ya!" also.

Same here

He does say that, but he also says "That's one more failure" sometimes.

He says both on album version ("what I'd tell you", followed by "that's one more failure", ending with "inside of me").

Thought it was "what'd I tell ya!" also.

Same here

He does say that, but he also says "That's one more failure" sometimes.

He says both on album version ("what I'd tell you", followed by "that's one more failure", ending with "inside of me").

Yeah, I was talking in the "live" sense. It is hard to understand him saying it on the live version though.

I think live he mixes the lyrics up a bit from time to time, but I'm pretty sure 2009 on he's been singing the additional outro lyrics (when he's not out of breath, I think he skips the first 2 parts and then sings the "inside of me" bit at the end).

Seriously? People can't hear the failure line? On the album it goes

Oooh-ohh-ohh-oh oh

What'd I tell ya

Ohh-oh-oh oh oh

That's one more failure.

(Further ohing)

Inside of you.

He never really did it live often but I love it when he does.

Yup, I've never noticed it until watching the Philly video just now but I still can't hear it on CD. I'll try again later on through my headphones, but I've listened to SOD a billion times in different ways and never picked it up. I can kind of hear "That's" but then to me it sounds like he follows it up with "What'd I tell ya?" again.

Oooh-ohh-ohh-oh oh

What'd I tell ya

Ohh-oh-oh oh oh

That's one more failure.

(Further ohing)

Inside of you.

Yup, I've never noticed it until watching the Philly video just now but I still can't hear it on CD. I'll try again later on through my headphones, but I've listened to SOD a billion times in different ways and never picked it up. I can kind of hear "That's" but then to me it sounds like he follows it up with "What'd I tell ya?" again.

He kinda mumbles it in there but it is there. I heard it the first listen and loved the outro right away. But I guess it's kinda like when he actually sings the word prostitute in Prostitute.

"Ask yourself, what I would do, to prostitblarhgfrargle."

I actually made a thread in 06 trying to decode what he was saying because back then he would often mumble it or change it up from one thing to the other (sometimes he didnt even say anything). I think it evolved out of him just matching his voice to the harmony of the guitars and he began throwing in random phrases to see what would stick.

Oooh-ohh-ohh-oh oh

What'd I tell ya

Ohh-oh-oh oh oh

That's one more failure.

(Further ohing)

Inside of you.

He kinda mumbles it in there but it is there. I heard it the first listen and loved the outro right away. But I guess it's kinda like when he actually sings the word prostitute in Prostitute.

"Ask yourself, what I would do, to prostitblarhgfrargle."

I heard Prostitute immediately, but I haven't heard the One More Failure part in SOD yet. I'll try to find some decent headphones and have a listen.

One of your least favourite tracks on CD? wow!!? SOD is one of my favourite Guns songs period, I absolutely love that song. I probably listen to that song and Estranged more than any other song from GnR or any band for that matter. Interesting, I thought most Guns fans would agree on that song. Rhiad and scraped are definitely the two weak tracks from CD without question! pity, as they are among the few heavy rockers on the album.

As for the outro thing, I have no clue :)

(prob my least fave off CD)

I don't understand how anyone can prefer Scraped to any other song on Chinese Democracy.

I assume it has something to do with 'willing yourself' to like the song. We were starved for all out rock songs on CD so maybe some people just forced themselves to like Rhiad and Scraped :P

(prob my least fave off CD)

I don't understand how anyone can prefer Scraped to any other song on Chinese Democracy.

I assume it has something to do with 'willing yourself' to like the song. We were starved for all out rock songs on CD so maybe some people just forced themselves to like Rhiad and Scraped :P

Believe it or not, Riad & The Bedouins is my favorite song on the album. Also I felt absolutely no hunger for all out rock songs. But Scraped is just bad. I love every other song on the album, but Scraped makes no sense to me, it's a complete and utter failure.

Honestly, I NEVER heard that. I always thought he was saying "there's nothing more to!" or "that's what I tell ya!" or "there's nothing left for!" I swear I never heard it as "one more failure". Its the outro, I never really inspected the lyrics. Actually I don't inspect the lyrics for any of the songs. I just sing what I sing and assume its right, which usually it is. This truly threw me for a loop.