Loudness war -

Russel Nash

I always hated when they tried to make there songs the loudest.(meaning any band) because the quality always suffered.

And for you Death Magnetic fans go to google and search for "death magnetic Moderus remaster" I think version II is the best of the 3. There was also another person that had a good remix of death magnetic but I can't recall how it was.

Version II is much easier on the ears and sounds pretty damn good!!!!!!

If Axl had a plan to remaster Appetite, that would be extremely bad news for other reasons other than the mastering...

A guy like Axl could very well pull a Gene Simmons and re-record Appetite with the current band... That would be extremely disappointing and a further stain on GNR's History...

A newly recorded AFD would sound much more amazing considering the better technology we have and the pure talent the current band has,

They have been touring these songs like madmen for more than a decade, they can play these songs better than anyone else on the planet.

How can you even fucking compare the Original Lineup with the current one is beyond me...

Good musicians are good musicians.

If Axl had a plan to remaster Appetite, that would be extremely bad news for other reasons other than the mastering...

A guy like Axl could very well pull a Gene Simmons and re-record Appetite with the current band... That would be extremely disappointing and a further stain on GNR's History...

A newly recorded AFD would sound much more amazing considering the better technology we have and the pure talent the current band has,

They have been touring these songs like madmen for more than a decade, they can play these songs better than anyone else on the planet.

This!!!!!!!!!

Bad mastered albums in recent years:

Metallica - Death magnetic

RHCP - IM With you

U2 - No line on the horizon

Black Sabbath - 13

Van halen - Different kind of truth

Bon Jovi - What about now

Good ones:

Guns n Roses - Chinese Democracy

Edguy - Age of the joker

Daft Punk - Random Access memories

• Like 1

NIN fans are complaining ( the audiophiles mainly ) about the heavy compression used on Hesitation Marks so Trent and Co. are releasing an alternate version ( last I heard ) a DL ( I think LOL ) of

the org. mastering without the compression for the audiophiles.

I think GNR and other big acts should do the same if it causes such a ruckus with the fan base.

RHCP - IM With you

Black Sabbath - 13

Good ones:

Edguy - Age of the joker

Ace Frehley's Anomaly sadly suffers from this shit too.

so you're saying people didn't buy CD because it wasn't loud? nobody complained about NIN's album. trent is offering a different master for FREE and that's it.

The different master is free? I didn't know that, will be happy to DL it to see if there's a difference.

on nin.com a few fans voiced their displeasure over the mastering of HM and through reading the thread I discovered he was releasing a different master

without the crap those fans were bitching about.

If he's releasing the different master because he wants to kudos to the guy, if it's for the audiophiles-ah kudos as well. :)

I don't think Californication was ruined at all... as for Death Magnetic i would have to agree only because the sound sounds distorted when you listen to it loud.

Because no Metallica fan would ever want to listen to Metallica at a loud volume. :rolleyes:

RHCP - IM With you

Black Sabbath - 13

Good ones:

Edguy - Age of the joker

Ace Frehley's Anomaly sadly suffers from this shit too.

Add Black Gives Way to Blue by AIC to your shit list.

NIN fans are complaining ( the audiophiles mainly ) about the heavy compression used on Hesitation Marks so Trent and Co. are releasing an alternate version ( last I heard ) a DL ( I think LOL ) of

I think GNR and other big acts should do the same if it causes such a ruckus with the fan base.

You're part right, but mostly wrong and it your using this positive thing to take a dig at Trent Reznor -- which is fucking stupid. Mt he record was released as BOTH a loud and an "audiophile" version, so the fans could choose which version to listen to. Is is a good thing for fans, and (as always) Trent is leading th cutting edge of this. This was decided before e record was even released, and is most certainly not in response to " complaints among fans about heavy compression used on HM." I would suggest you do a bit of research next time before you start trashing people on the Internet.

I assumed the mastering of Hesitation Marks was intentional artistic decision and not the result of bricking. I don't even understand how the concept came to be. Why does making the music louder make it "better"? You can just turn the volume up if you want it louder. I don't get the reasoning on making it super loud from the start so that it causes distortion if you turn the volume up. Who was the main guy to push for it?

You're part right, but mostly wrong and it your using this positive thing to take a dig at Trent Reznor -- which is fucking stupid. Mt he record was released as BOTH a loud and an "audiophile" version, so the fans could choose which version to listen to. Is is a good thing for fans, and (as always) Trent is leading th cutting edge of this. This was decided before e record was even released, and is most certainly not in response to " complaints among fans about heavy compression used on HM." I would suggest you do a bit of research next time before you start trashing people on the Internet.

Whoa, my post was in no way intended as a dig at Trent and if it came across that way well, not much I can do about it except say it wasn't. I'm a huge fan of NIN but have not followed HM's release as closely as others and only went by what was being posted on NIN.com by fans and some were complaining of the mastering, mainly the audiophiles as mentioned. Trashing? I don't do that. If it was decided before before the release well, that's fantastic but something I did not know and knowing how Trent treats the fans and caters to them ( he's always been wonderful in that regard ;) ) I only assumed he released the other master to please the fans that did not like the master on the org. HM.

Jeex. :lol: