Did you see Izzy at the Aerosmith gig in LA?

wfuckinga

The gig was at Staples and I didn't see Izzy because I didn't go backstage after the gig. We left just before the show ended. It would have been go to see Izzy and set a few things straight between us.

Can you elaborate as to what it is that you would have liked to have set straight? Is it pertaining to his lack of involvement with your book?

Edited by BBA

In 1985 Izzy was in a bad way and was using me for money. Latter he thanked me and wanted to know if he owed me money. (By the way I didn't let him pay me what he owed me when he asked) When I needed him to help make my book a better project, he really let me down and I want to give him a chance to explain that better. I know some of the reasons but in the end he should have at least gave me something to use as a forward. That really is what bothered me. If it were not for me he most likely would have ended up dead or in jail. I was not asking for much when I needed him in 2007 and I know he does support the old band so it's not like the situation with Axl.

Edited by recklessroad

In 1985 Izzy was in a bad way and was using me for money. Latter he thanked me and wanted to know if he owed me money. (By the way I didn't let him pay me what he owed me when he asked) When I needed him to help make my book a better project, he really let me down and I want to give him a chance to explain that better. I know some of the reasons but in the end he should have at least gave me something to use as a forward. That really is what bothered me. If it were not for me he most likely would have ended up dead or in jail. I was not asking for much when I needed him in 2007 and I know he does support the old band so it's not like the situation with Axl.

Hi Marc. Izzy tried to square things off with you. so for how long must be indebted to you, for life? Maybe he disagrees. Maybe it's not his style to be talking all about matters GNR these days.

Hi Marc. Izzy tried to square things off with you. so for how long must be indebted to you, for life? Maybe he disagrees. Maybe it's not his style to be talking all about matters GNR these days.

Come on mate all Marc was asking Izzy to do was give him a little feedback on his days in the old band.

If you have read Marc's book it is strictly about the music and has none of the gossip or infighting about the band in it like other GnR books so what is the big deal for Izzy to have helped out an old friend who was there when he needed him? seems like a small favour to ask IMHO..........

That is Izzy though. Alan Niven said he never saw Izzy for twenty years then suddenly, Izzy knocks at his door and says ''hey, how is it going '' (as if this is the most normal thing in the world). Axl I know was pissed off with the fact that Izzy returned to Lafayette. And Izzy seems to have pissed GN'R off big style when he returned for those five shows in 1993 as, Axl spent the next year of the UYI tour dedicating Double Talkin' Jive to him!!

That is Izzy though. Alan Niven said he never saw Izzy for twenty years then suddenly, Izzy knocks at his door and says ''hey, how is it going '' (as if this is the most normal thing in the world). Axl I know was pissed off with the fact that Izzy returned to Lafayette. And Izzy seems to have pissed GN'R off big style when he returned for those five shows in 1993 as, Axl spent the next year of the UYI tour dedicating Double Talkin' Jive to him!!

Well, I heard that besides the being late for the shows and not doing soundchecks and that kind on dumb stuff, Axl screwed Izzy over some money on pay day, on the european leg of the 1991 tour. I've always thought that was the major reason as to why he left GNR, so when he came back in 1993 for those 5 shows he kinda did the same thing to Axl.

I'm pretty sure the reason why Izzy didn't stay was because of that. He's not stupid. Why would he want to leave a band that was playing every night in front of 20.000 plus people??

But that's the deal with Izzy... he just doesn't give a shit...

I love Izzy, I love the way he plays and he's my favorite composer in GN'R, and people always tend to defend him and say that Axl did this and that, but Izzy wasn't there most of the time, as said on Slash's book and accounts from roadies and managers during the period he got clean, he wouldn't show up for rehearsal, he wouldn't overdub his parts on the UYI record, so I guess that some of the crap that he got on the UYI tour from Axl (and Slash too) was just karma grabbing his ass.

Trust me on this one - being in a band with five guys and one of them shows up 50% of the time and it will ruin the band for you. I've been there and I've seen it. He just didn't wanna be in GN'R anymore. If I'm doing a rant I might as well say it, I really don't get what the hell Izzy's doing coming in for the shows from new GNR. It's stupid and I don't get it. If he likes to play live so much, he has a band that releases his music that would be more than willing to tour, because frankly, coming in for 14 years and a couple of other songs seems pretty idiotic to me. I guess that Indiana people just got problems hahah.

And Marc, I really am sorry that Izzy's being such a hard guy to you, specially after what you helped him reach, wich is stardom. The least he could do is stop being a dick and awnser a few questions. It's not like talking about the past's gonna make him want to inject heroin again.

Edited by Izzy_Stradlin_XX

Marc, I have a theory that I want to run by you in relation to your fall out with Izzy. Could Axl have 'got' to Izzy, i.e. persuaded Izzy to withdraw support for your book? You last spoke with Izzy, 2007? You last spoke to Axl, before 2007? And by 2006, Axl and Izzy were reconciled as Izzy was guesting with Guns on their tour.

Izzy did talk to Axl about my book but it doesn't matter what Axl or Beta may have told him, Izzy knows better and has a mind of his own. The fact is Izzy does support the old band. So it's not like Axl where he just can't be involved with something that has Slash in it. The only thing that makes some sense is the drug factor. but after Slash put out his book and talked about the drugs that him and Izzy used to do, the cat was out of the bag already so at that point Izzy could have contacted me and said "do you still need any help with you book" Even though by book was already out he still could have helped by giving an interview that could have been used for the online part of the book for any new printings like the classic rock mag one. It was just very selfish of him to leave me hanging when he know that I need his help. A long time ago back in 1986 someone told me some things about Izzy and told be that if you really needed him that he wouldn't help you. I didn't believe them at the time but now I know they were right. What a shame because in the end he let the fans down because they didn't get his input of some very important facts about the start of the band

Edited by recklessroad

A long time ago back in 1986 someone told me some things about Izzy and told be that if you really needed him that he wouldn't help you. I didn't believe them at the time but now I know they were right. What a shame.

Kinda sounds like that was Axl's problem with him at times, too.

Izzy's cool and I think his enigmatic, aloof personality makes him attractive to a lot of fans; it doesn't surprise me at all, however, that he's flaky or noncommittal.

Thanks for being so candid as always, Marc.