Will Slash be asked about Axl on Conan tonight? ( Channel TBS .. 11pm EST)

BBA

good performance.

movie looks like total shit, though.

i want to try his burger.

Wasn't it confirmed reasonably recently that Slash has a "no Axl/GNR questions" policy in his interviews?

Source?

I remember reading it on here or some other GNR forum.

A month or two after Axl snubbed the Rock Hall, Slash did an interview where he stated that he won't answer any more Axl questions.

"We'll be right back with Slash!" - Conan

Wasn't it confirmed reasonably recently that Slash has a "no Axl/GNR questions" policy in his interviews?

He does, but he's not mean enough to bypass questions when they're still brought up by journalists (which happens often). A lot of celebs will just turn to their publicists or storm off if off-topic questions are asked, but Slash tends to be pretty gracious about it. Howard Stern is a good example - he went on about Axl a lot. But you kind of know everything's off the table when you go on Stern.

Slash's most recent interview with Stern was f'n great. It's on youtube. (surprised, I'm sure).

At one point when Stern was asking questions about what led to his and Perla's temporary split, Slash actually said "let's talk about GNR instead". :lol:

yeah, it was a good interview.

it's been a while since i listened to it, but iirc, i lol'd @ robin being convinced she could get slash and axl back together.

good performance.

Source?

A month or two after Axl snubbed the Rock Hall, Slash did an interview where he stated that he won't answer any more Axl questions.

He does, but he's not mean enough to bypass questions when they're still brought up by journalists (which happens often). A lot of celebs will just turn to their publicists or storm off if off-topic questions are asked, but Slash tends to be pretty gracious about it. Howard Stern is a good example - he went on about Axl a lot. But you kind of know everything's off the table when you go on Stern.

Slash's most recent interview with Stern was f'n great. It's on youtube. (surprised, I'm sure).

At one point when Stern was asking questions about what led to his and Perla's temporary split, Slash actually said "let's talk about GNR instead". :lol:

it's been a while since i listened to it, but iirc, i lol'd @ robin being convinced she could get slash and axl back together.

Yeah. Howard seemed pretty convinced that he could too.

It thought it was kind of humorous when he said to Slash [paraphrase] "You have to ask yourself, what did I do to piss this guy (Axl) off so bad. I mean, the guy really hates you". Slash was like, "yeah, well, I'm not too fond of him either".

Like I said, "kind of humorous", but sucks when you consider the reality.

Edited by BBA

I don't think Conan wants it to be the meat n' potatoes of the interview.

Really? I bet, like the rest of us, Conan would rather hear Slash talk about Axl instead of his upcoming horror flick.

Just like Jimmy Kimmel would have rather heard Axl talk about Slash as opposed to some Halloween tree.

Dude the fuckin Halloween tree is fuckin cool.

Now for the important question: Who has the better burger, Axl or Slash?

good performance.

Source?

Yeah. Howard seemed pretty convinced that he could too.

It thought it was kind of humorous when he said to Slash [paraphrase] "You have to ask yourself, what did I do to piss this guy (Axl) off so bad. I mean, the guy really hates you". Slash was like, "yeah, well, I'm not too fond of him either".

Like I said, "kind of humorous", but sucks when you consider the reality.

yep.

i imagine for most stern listeners it was kind of a cool interview because they got to hear slash talk about axl a little more than usual.

for gn'r fans it was kind of depressing because of the reasons you just listed.

I don't think Conan wants it to be the meat n' potatoes of the interview.

Really? I bet, like the rest of us, Conan would rather hear Slash talk about Axl instead of his upcoming horror flick.

Just like Jimmy Kimmel would have rather heard Axl talk about Slash as opposed to some Halloween tree.

Dude the fuckin Halloween tree is fuckin cool.

Now for the important question: Who has the better burger, Axl or Slash?

Canter's has the better burger

• Like 4

He brought Slash burgers. I know someone else that brought burgers to a late night TV show.....

1233548_10151879384957439_1159566563_n.j

Now I'm hungry...

It looked like a piece of shit with bread. Normally we had this perfect burger in the advertising and then we'll receive something like that one on the flyer.

I wonder if the real thing is even shittier than that. :shrugs:

He brought Slash burgers. I know someone else that brought burgers to a late night TV show.....

1233548_10151879384957439_1159566563_n.j

Now I'm hungry...

It looked like a piece of shit with bread. Normally we had this perfect burger in the advertising and then we'll receive something like that one on the flyer.

I wonder if the real thing is even shittier than that. :shrugs:

Looks like a real picture of a burger to me, as opposed to one dressed up for advertising purposes. It looks fucking amazing, I wish I could try one.

I'm moving this thread back to D&N as the original topic was framed in a way relevant to GN'R discussion.

Watching now. Mainly promoting the movie (which looks good but I'm not a fan of all that cgi) and the burger.

Looks like the movie is only at theatres for a week and the DVD will be out on Oct 8th. Looking forward to watching it.

Edited by Coma16

Jeez...I can't really get americans obsession with burgers and other junk fast food... It's not like the US ain't the most obese nation in the world and where children and adults suffer and die prematurly with food/fat related diseases. It'd should be even forbiden imo advertising of junk food on national tv, just like tobacco, etc. Just sayin...

Watching now. Mainly promoting the movie (which looks good but I'm not a fan of all that cgi) and the burger.

Looks like the movie is only at theatres for a week and the DVD will be out on Oct 8th. Looking forward to watching it.

Say what you like about Slash but if he says the dvd will be out on the 8th it will be out on the 8th. Lol

• Like 1

see the difference, Axl goes on Kimmel and doesn't mention CD and gives burgers away, Slash goes on Conan promoting a Movie and selling his own branded burger.

While I know what you getting at it is worth pointing out that Axl was on Kimmel to promote Vegas.
  • Like 2