Did You Join This Forum Cuz of NuGNR or the Original Lineup?

ChristmasFnatic

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know to a lot, it may be a little bit of both, but where do you lean more?

Did you join to talk about the current iteration and possibly new music? Or did you join to talk about the classics? To talk to people who love the band/songs we enjoyed many years ago?

Edited by ChristmasFnatic

I did it for old GNR. I did it this late because I'm interested to see where new GNR is going to go, seeing as there's not much in sight for them and I figured this would be the best place to get information. Am I kind of hoping I'm still here when new GNR falls apart... yeah because I can't wait to see those reactions, but thats not my number one prerogative.

I joined because I was obsessed with classic GNR, loved Axl and couldn't wait to hear what he'd do with the new band. I'm pretty sure the first time I came to mygnr was just before or just after the first Nu HOB show. I remember streaming song after song after song from that show off the main page. Actually, I might have been around before that. Maybe when OMG came out? Not really sure.

Point is, if there was never a classic lineup, I wouldn't be here. But I came to see what Axl could do with the new band.

I remember streaming song after song after song from that show off the main page.

Man, how long did that take back then?! Was it all RealAudio?

:lol:

I don't remember exactly. It was either RealAudio or something like that. It didn't take that long. Slightly longer to load than a youtube video, I'd say. But you had to have a strong, consistent connection. We were beyond dial-up at that point, at least at school. I think my family was still rocking dial-up.

I joined for the classic line up. I grew up with that band and I was a huge fan of AFD especially. Back in '03-'04, majority of the fans here were old school. After the clusterfuck of the last tour, and no word from Axl or the band for years, many nu fans had lost interest and drifted away. There was a lot of hope for a possible reunion, and I was on board.

Also at the time, Velvet Revolver started to roll. Being a huge Slash fan, this was a really exciting time. There was a VR section that was so much more interesting at the time than the D & N section was.

• Like 1

Both, but mainly for new GnR.

I joined to receive and discuss the latest gnr news, something that doesn't happen as often as I'd like because of the lack of news. I like talking about the former lineups of the band, and I like the debates we have on here.

I know to a lot, it may be a little bit of both, but where do you lean more?

Did you join to talk about the current iteration and possibly new music? Or did you join to talk about the classics? To talk to people who love the band/songs we enjoyed many years ago?

I join beacuse i like GNR (mostly classic gnr, but i'm interested what Axl does.)

I remember streaming song after song after song from that show off the main page.

Man, how long did that take back then?! Was it all RealAudio?

:lol:

I don't remember exactly. It was either RealAudio or something like that. It didn't take that long. Slightly longer to load than a youtube video, I'd say. But you had to have a strong, consistent connection. We were beyond dial-up at that point, at least at school. I think my family was still rocking dial-up.

You're the lucky one. I still used dial-up access back then and it really sucked whenever I tried to listen to a RA stream, let alone watch a video.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

I joined because I started really reading about the myth of CD around October '08. I'd first stumbled upon NuGNR when I looked up Buckethead after digging Jordan from Guitar Hero II. Streamed the album from the MySpace page and YouTube, and came here when I heard about Axl's chats and open letters. It was only that Xmas when I went out and bought AFD, Lies and the UYIs (after buying CD).

I joined because I started really reading about the myth of CD around October '08. I'd first stumbled upon NuGNR when I looked up Buckethead after digging Jordan from Guitar Hero II. Streamed the album from the MySpace page and YouTube, and came here when I heard about Axl's chats and open letters. It was only that Xmas when I went out and bought AFD, Lies and the UYIs (after buying CD).

So you heard CD first before AFD/UYI?

How long did it take you to figure that one out? No homo.

It was both for me. Reminiscing is great, but I was on the hunt for news in general of the classic lineup, whether it was reunion rumors, bootlegs, leaks, upcoming records from Slash or Axl or Duff, all that good stuff. And so because I can't vote both, I didn't vote. I didn't lean more heavily one way or the other.

Edited by GnR Chris

I already had WTTJ, SCOM, PC, KOHD and LALD on my iPod. Used to hear SCOM a lot growing up, but I never really heard WTTJ until I saw it in an ad for GTA: San Andreas. Was surprised to find out years after playing the game that Axl was Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith.

November Rain's been one of my favourite songs for years, but it used to be more for Slash's solo than Axl's voice, I used to really hate Axl's voice. I still prefer the more raspy deep voice like on some UYI and CD tracks and live in 2010 to the more high-pitched voice of '86-87. Now I'm much more of an Axl fan than a Slash fan (even when it was the other way round I couldn't get into VR, still only like a couple of tracks from them). CD is my favourite album ever, though I think AFD is technically "better", and I've since become obsessed with all eras of GNR.

How long did it take you to figure that one out? No homo.

Just makin sure I understood it right, cuz its hard to believe really. I mean, what if he heard it but just wasnt interested before CD.

You should add no homo in your sig, so even if youre the gayest, youre still not gay.

• Like 1

I'm not registered on a Beatles forum or a Led Zeppelin forum or a Nirvana forum, cause I don't really have much interest talking about old bands. There's simply not much to talk about cause you know they're never gonna release anything new ever again.

Some might argue that new GNR is just as dead as those bands and there's never gonna be any new GNR music either.

But I'm not one of those people. I believe CD2 will be released within 5 years and that's why I'm here. Because of new GNR.