Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

Random thoughts after picking up the CD at Best Buy this morning:

--Like Tom-Ass said, the cover looks really sweet on the condensed CD size

--Wasn't a big fan of WOF the title track when 1st hearing as it sounded like AL 2.0, but that song freakin' jumps out of your speakers at you when you crank it and balanced out by rest of record which ain't 2.0

--Decided kinda sucks hearing a new track debuted live before you hear studio version ala Stone Blind and 30 Years to Life as they aren't as anticipated, but really digging both now. 30 Years could have very nice single potential.

--How the hell did I not like the Withered Delilah chorus? Love everything about that track. Withered, Iris and Dirty Girl all huge growers and now amongst the favs.

--Didn't give Automatic Overdrive much of a chance at 1st listen, but pretty fun tune.

--The 1 song I still haven't taken to is Avalon and not sure why. Not bad at all, but just not doing it for me.

--How the hell does anyone not love Safari Inn? Great addition on a 17 track album and placement being 2nd to last. Again, Elvis a fuckin' genius.

--The Unholy powerful lyrically and awesome closer

Edited by Turn_It_Up
  • Like 1

Random thoughts after picking up the CD at Best Buy this morning:

--Like Tom-Ass said, the cover looks really sweet on the condensed CD size

--Wasn't a big fan of WOF the title track when 1st hearing as it sounded like AL 2.0, but that song freakin' jumps out of your speakers at you when you crank it and balanced out by rest of record which ain't 2.0

--Decided kinda sucks hearing a new track debuted live before you hear studio version ala Stone Blind and 30 Years to Life as they aren't as anticipated, but really digging both now. 30 Years could have very nice single potential.

--How the hell did I not like the Withered Delilah chorus? Love everything about that track. Withered, Iris and Dirty Girl all huge growers and now amongst the favs.

--Didn't give Automatic Overdrive much of a chance at 1st listen, but pretty fun tune.

--The 1 song I still haven't taken to is Avalon and not sure why. Not bad at all, but just not doing it for me.

--How the hell does anyone not love Safari Inn? Great addition on a 17 track album and the placement being 2nd to last. Again, Elvis a fuckin' genuis.

--The Unholy powerful lyrically and awesome closer

Wow I came here to post literally everything (except about Avalon, good track) you just said. Crazy.

At first I didn't get why every song drops down into Slash pummeling and Myles singing over it, with these kind of soaring vocals and guitars, then I realized this Slash doing kind of Sixx Am/My Chemical Romance. It's still more rock n roll in parts, it has darker instrumental interludes, intros, but it's very contemporary in that way. I don't hear many memorable riffs or solos.

Beneath the Savage Sun is my favorite. But I only really need one of these songs. Bent to Fly and Battleground provide some relief.

Dirty Girl, Iris of the Storm, Avalon, Dissident should have been left off.

Safari Inn is great. It has an awesome solo. It starts pretty early and keeps on going. epic. This is worth buying the cd. This is wear Slash really lives up to the hype.

The Unholy is also good, not just filler like a lot of it. I can't tell the difference between most of the songs and it's hard to tell what any of them are about. Fuck.

World on Fire

Wicked Stone

Bent to Fly

Stone Blind

Beneath the Savage Sun

Battleground

Safari Inn

The Unholy

Not a bad haul, take me to a playlist.

I didn't know that Slash had a stalker that took him to court because he claimed that Slash stole all his riffs telepathically. The guy said that all his riffs were taken out of his head through an alien and brought into Slash's.

:rofl-lol:

See? The Axl nutters were right all along. DJ probably wrote Jungle and the Cancer ripped it off through mind reading.

I didn't know that Slash had a stalker that took him to court because he claimed that Slash stole all his riffs telepathically. The guy said that all his riffs were taken out of his head through an alien and brought into Slash's.

:rofl-lol:

See? The Axl nutters were right all along. DJ probably wrote Jungle and the Cancer ripped it off through mind reading.

:lol:

Here my little review:

1. World on Fire: I was one of the people who weren't too impressed when it was first released, but I actually really like the song now. 9/10

2. Shadow Life: immediatly loved it. 10/10

3. Automatic Overdrive: didn't really catch my attention at first, but not bad. 8/10

4. Wicked Stone: good song, not as good as some people are saying, but it's still good. 8.725/10

5. 30 Years To Life: One of my favorites. 10/10

6. Bent To Fly: Decent... 8.5/10

7. Stone Blind: pretty catchy. 8.5/10

8. Too Far Gone: it's good, not much else. 8.7/10

9. Beneath The Savage Sun: best song on the album. In fact, best Slash song ever. 11/10

10. Withered Delilah: Cowbell!! 10/10

11. Battleground: Yes, Myles sounds great in this song, but the song itself never really clicked with me. 9/10

12. Dirty Girl: catchy. 8.5/10

13. Iris of the Storm: not really memorable, but good. 8.5/10

14. Avalon: not much to say about it, it's catchy... Like all the other songs.... 8.5/10

15. The Dissident: where the fucks my tractor? 100000/10 (without the amazing intro: 8.5/10... Don't really like the chorus)

16. Safari Inn: thank god a song on a Slash record that focuses on Slash. 9.5/10

17. The Unholy: it took me a few tries to listen to the entire song, but I'm glad I did. 9/10

Overall: 9/10

Best solo album Slash has put out.

Edited by slash23579

Here my little review:

1. World on Fire: I was one of the people who weren't too impressed when it was first released, but I actually really like the song now. 9/10

3. Automatic Overdrive: didn't really catch my attention at first, but not bad. 8/10

4. Wicked Stone: good song, not as good as some people are saying, but it's still good. 8.725/10

9. Beneath The Savage Sun: best song on the album. In fact, best Slash song ever. 11/10

11. Battleground: Yes, Myles sounds great in this song, but the song itself never really clicked with me. 9/10

14. Avalon: not much to say about it, it's catchy... Like all the other songs.... 8.5/10

15. The Dissident: where the fucks my tractor? 100000/10 (without the amazing intro: 8.5/10... Don't really like the chorus)

16. Safari Inn: thank god a song on a Slash record that focuses on Slash. 9.5/10

17. The Unholy: it took me a few tries to listen to the entire song, but I'm glad I did. 9/10

Do you work for IGN by any chance?

• Like 2

Here my little review:

Do you work for IGN by any chance?

lol

"This game is repetitive, has awful graphics, is too short, and shuts off every 4 minutes" 9/10- IGN

• Like 1