Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

does it say anything on the booklet about the credits on the dissident?

Nope ! No credits about the song in the booklet !

I heard somewhere from someone that had the classic rock magazine package that stated that it was actually Kerns that did the intro.

Not really, From what i've read, Myles said Todd found out the intro but i guess he talked about chord progression or something not the country thing... Not a clear case at all though lol

I heard somewhere from someone that had the classic rock magazine package that stated that it was actually Kerns that did the intro.

Not really, From what i've read, Myles said Todd found out the intro but i guess he talked about chord progression or something not the country thing... Not a clear case at all though lol

well...acording to todd on twitter, it is him actually singing and playing.. lol

https://twitter.com/todddammitkerns/status/512740104163442688

Edited by Gem Archer
  • Like 1

well...acording to todd on twitter, it is him actually singing and playing.. lol

Well, it sounds like Janis Joplin :)

I added them up. Slash has done 50 songs (its been closer to 5 years) that includes all the bonus tracks like Baby Can't Drive, Sahara, Chains and Shackles, etc)

That is amazing, though

Come on, Axl!

Shackles is instrumentally the pretty much the same song like Nothing To Say. But if you add Nothing To Fear you've got 50 songs

I added them up. Slash has done 50 songs (its been closer to 5 years) that includes all the bonus tracks like Baby Can't Drive, Sahara, Chains and Shackles, etc)

That is amazing, though

Come on, Axl!

Shackles is instrumentally the pretty much the same song like Nothing To Say. But if you add Nothing To Fear you've got 50 songs

That is true, and I think it sucks so I don't mind not counting it.

Forgot about Nothing to Fear

Stradlin put out 51 songs, across five albums, between 2007 and 2010. Duff has two bands on the go, runs a business and still finds time to write for a sports journal. All the rest of GN'R are actually really prolific; it is just the red head.

Just the red head? What about Adler? :P

Lol Adler...

Adler did put out a full CD as well as an EP......

World on Fire is probably better than YCBM.

This is probably somewhere between "those Indians shouldn't give us much trouble" - General Custer - and "Hitler wasn't really that bad a dude" - some guy - on the scale of least right things ever said.

LOL, but I agree.

Good news about "Beneath Under the Savage Sun"! ;)

http://www.blabbermo...vage-sun-video/

As much as I don't like videos, I am excited for this and think it will be very cool.

Edited by OmarBradley

Myles has done 64 songs since Slash's first solo album, excluding stuff like Gov't Mules' Done Got Wise.

Combine that with the constant tourin. It's a miracle that he keeps delivering.

Best singer in rock. Period end of story.

With his work on WOF, can see him winning loudwires rock singer of the year award for the 3rd consecutive year.

Edited by jmapelian

yeah i tweeted him yesterday with this small article taken from the Classic Rock fan pack; 100% him! damned ! :lol:

Just bought the CD today. Happen to finally own an official copy. Oddly enough, my first "Slash" album ever physically buying. I'd say I feel bad stealing from the guy, but I've also seen him upwards of 10 times live, so I think my money has gotten to him one way or another.

And yeah, The Dissident discussion was solved in a recent interview Slash had. I forget exactly which one it was, but someone asked him if there were any "surprises" on the album and he said the only one he could think of was the intro to The Dissident. He basically said the same as what Todd did. That Myles originally called the song Conscientious Objector, they were all making fun of how odd that title was, and then before they recorded the song, Todd, Brent and Slash recorded Todd doing this weird folk thing he was doing with it. He was sitting around with an acoustic guitar and singing so they just recorded it as a joke and tacked it at the beginning. If I'm correct, that appears to be the entire deal with that. And yes, its Todd singing and not Myles, and the lyrics to that part of the song aren't in the World On Fire CD booklet (just in case anyone was wondering lol. I was).

Well, it sounds like Janis Joplin :)

Ha, i was thinking that the intro it's from and old country song, lol

Well, it's aaallllright, baby's automatic, she's in overdrive!!!

Coolest song on the album by far, IMO.

Well, it's aaallllright, baby's automatic, she's in overdrive!!!

Coolest song on the album by far, IMO.

It's kind of like a Nightrain style sex song. Almost like a VR song.

The opening of Automatic Overdrive makes me "whoooooo!"

Automatic Overdrive would probably make a very good single, easy to get into, instantly catchy, nice solo--pretty much made for radio.

No tracks from this album or most any rock album these days gonna cross over to make a big dent on Billboard Hot 100, but think any of the following would do quite well on Rock chart:

Shadow Life (seems very popular)

Bent to Fly

Too Far Gone

30 Years to Life

Withered Delilah

But the wildcard that might possibly make the biggest crossover dent is The Dissident.

After WOF, would make sense to release Bent to Fly as next single to counter balance and then any of above.

=========

Totally disagree on the 3 songs he'd leave off record, but otherwise a spot on review: http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/187327/9

The Unholy such a monster. Whole track amazing, but from 4:36 to end all out SICK: :headbang:

Edited by Turn_It_Up