Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

does it say anything on the booklet about the credits on the dissident?

Nope ! No credits about the song in the booklet !

I heard somewhere from someone that had the classic rock magazine package that stated that it was actually Kerns that did the intro.

Not really, From what i've read, Myles said Todd found out the intro but i guess he talked about chord progression or something not the country thing... Not a clear case at all though lol

well...acording to todd on twitter, it is him actually singing and playing.. lol

https://twitter.com/todddammitkerns/status/512740104163442688

yeah i tweeted him yesterday with this small article taken from the Classic Rock fan pack; 100% him! damned ! :lol:

what a talent!

btw, congrats on the verified facebook page dude!

Edited by Gem Archer

I think I like overdubs. It brings rumble and depth. It's only fleeting but here and there almost sounds like AFD.

Safari Inn definitely brings Zepp to mind.

Battleground And Unholy could make an impact on the mainstream. They would just stand out whereas some of the others take more listening to.

Battleground And Unholy could make an impact on the mainstream. They would just stand out whereas some of the others take more listening to.

I thought Unholy took some listening to.. I think "Bent To Fly" would be the best choice for a single. This whole album is good though.. Every time I listen to it a different riff or hook just jumps out at me.. Songs that I didn't care for at first or thought were just ok I suddenly find stuck in my head.. Good stuff.

I thought Unholy took some listening to.. I think "Bent To Fly" would be the best choice for a single. This whole album is good though.. Every time I listen to it a different riff or hook just jumps out at me.. Songs that I didn't care for at first or thought were just ok I suddenly find stuck in my head.. Good stuff.

i'm finding this as well - but unholy got me from the 1st seconds of the song

So Too Far Gone is the token song about Axl on this album.

"I've moved on from GNR and the media should too" :rofl-lol:

You seriously believe the song is about Axl? That Myles penned a 2014 revenge song against the guy he's been careful not to disrespect in any way?

Don't see it at all.

You seriously believe the song is about Axl? That Myles penned a 2014 revenge song against the guy he's been careful not to disrespect in any way?

Don't see it at all.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if the song was really written about Axl.

Slash just did a Q&A on twitter

@emmanueldemian asked
Was it difficult to find the perfect cover for the new album? #askslash
Slash: No it wasn't difficult. Ron English had plenty of artwork to choose from.

@OIAMtheband asked
Who were your biggest influences for creating the new album? #askslash
Slash:Really just Myles, Todd and Brent.

@SlashMilano asked
Did someone inspire “Dirty Girl”? #askslash
Slash: I think not any one particular person but just the type of girl every young man should experience at least once in their life.

@inSlashwetrust asked
What was the hardest song to write from the new album? #askslash
Slash: Probably, Shadow Life.

@gregover asked
If you have to choose only one. Which Les Paul would you choose? #askslash
Slash: My 1985 Chris Derig guitar.

@a_classicrocker asked
What was your favorite part of touring with Aerosmith? #askslash
Slash: The whole tour was great seeing those guys play every night and having the rooms fill up pretty early during our set.

@hayleywebsterxo asked
What guitar did you use for the majority of the new album?
Slash: Chris Derig Les Paul, 57 reissue Les Paul Goldtop, and Gibson ES 175 hollow body.

@GreenLight1996_ asked
Describe the new album in one word. #slashnews
Slash: Diverse.

@CorianneDesign asked
Before the song ‘The Dissident’ begins you hear somebody sing something about “Where the fuck is my tractor”? Who??
Slash: Todd.

@SharaBella10 asked
Which song from the new album has been the most fun to play on stage? #askslash
Slash:I'd have to say so far we've been playing four songs live so far and they are all really fun to play.

@NateRushford asked
Do you use a method to come up with your song lyrics and music? #askslash
Slash: No there's no particular method. For the music, I just write while I'm on the road. Myles pretty much comes up with the lyrics closer to the actual record.

Edited by Slash2baz
  • Like 2

Slash and Myles talk about all the songs from World On Fire in this playlist! Sounds similar to the video where they talk about 12 of the tracks, but cool to hear the remaining ones. I'm up to Too Far Gone and I really enjoy hearing what they have to say about these tracks now that I become really familiar with them.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoY-_hPW6JZu-s8KrNe9HB12gq9XNa4uB

I feel like after this week, and after the Reel To Reel documentary, I'm gonna need to put this album down for a bit. He's not coming around to me live for quite awhile and I don't want to get sick of it too fast. Been fun to dig into it so much over these past 2 weeks or so and I don't want to kill it too fast by overplaying!

Edited by gunsfanoldie

This album is absolutely brilliant.

I enjoyed apolocalyptic love and enjoyed slash's first solo outing even though it's very hit and miss.

I just can't stop listening to this album, the dissident is so catchy, some really great tracks that I can't wait to listen to live. I think myles has done a great job on vocals, never understood the shit he gets on here.

Roll on November at Manchester when I will be very drunk and rocking out.

Don't see it at all.

Don't see it at all.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if the song was really written about Axl.

You could take lyrics to tons of rock songs about relationships gone wrong and apply them to GNR if you want. Can't wait for Bumble's and Finck's solo albums to come out, people here will be all over this.

Look at the lyrics to Bumble's Piranha(2008). If this had come out on his next album there'd be hysteria here: :tongue2:

I'm on a sinking ship surrounded by piranha

I can sink or swim but either way I'm a goner

Piranhas in the ocean and the sky and in my bed

Piranhas keep on biting till they get inside my headAnd everyone wants to take a little bite

Till they're suckin' on my bones, they're scrapin' at my life

I can sink or swim but either way I'm a goner

I'm on a sinking ship and surrounded by piranha

And we drop down, just a little more downI see them all around - just a-waitin' and a-watchin'

I see it in their eyes as the floor keeps droppin'

I aint gonna win but I won't go without a fight

Alone on a ship in a race against time

And it's runnin' out

http://www.piplox.com/artists/bumblefoot/albums/abnormal/en/piranha-lyrics.php

Edited by Turn_It_Up

"Burn your bridges to the ground, throw your tantrums scream out loud, play the martyr, play the fool, tell the world it wasn't you, who pulled the trigger in the end, like you know you always do"

"Cos its all been decided, there is nothing you can do, you're too far gone, it's always the same old song, there's nothing left to prove, you're too far gone"

Who else is he singing about on a Slash album though.

I think WOF might be the best Slash album has put since GNR.

It might be better than Contraband as in there's more scope on songs like Battleground, Safari Inn, Unholy and even some of the lyrics. There's more variety in the material, a metal vibe here and there, sometimes rock n roll, sometimes hard rock, sometimes rock, metal.

The sound of the record really is better than Contraband.

• Like 2

World On Fire has really grown on me. Terrible lyrics but damn, the song is catchy.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ON FAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAAAA :headbang:

Todd is awesome.

I was kind of the same, when it was released as single "meh, that's it?"

Now I can't see any other song kicking off the album with more energy.

There is a pattern there. Slash or whoever picks the first song almost always does a good job: Sucker Train Blues, Let It Roll, Ghost, and WOF are all songs that have a lot of energy.

Edited by Rovim