Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

I was 17.

I remember watching it with a few family members and just cringing at Jar Jar, nearly falling asleep with all the trade and senate shit and enjoying the final battle with Maul but again cringing at Jake "Yippee" Lloyd and the utter stupidity of the whole thing.

I was 19 and remember quite enjoying at the cinema to my eternal shame.

I remember enjoying the whole experience of standing in line and all the fans dressed up and stuff but I do remember walking out of the theatre feeling REALLY underwhelmed. I saw it two more times in hopes of it growing on me but in the end I just hated more each time. I went to see it on it's 3D rerelease just to see what it looked like and I honestly just wanted to leave half way through. Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are honestly two of the worst movies in the history of cinema. Revenege isn't much better but at least it's better.

• Like 1

The only one of the prequels I have on DVD is Revenge of the Sith. I rarely watch it. The fall of Anakin is so hamfisted its laughable. For fuck sake they coukdn't even get the scene where he force chokes Padme (what a shit name) right.

Watch it again, its fucking terrible. Portman is so awful in the prequels its cringeworthy. And she CAN act.

• Like 1

The only one of the prequels I have on DVD is Revenge of the Sith. I rarely watch it. The fall of Anakin is so hamfisted its laughable. For fuck sake they coukdn't even get the scene where he force chokes Padme (what a shit name) right.

Watch it again, its fucking terrible. Portman is so awful in the prequels its cringeworthy. And she CAN act.

I agree. Even Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor's acting chops were neutered by Lucas's awful directing and awful dialogue. the turn of Anakin is such bullshit. Almost two entire movies to see him turn in the blink of an eye. Fucking awful. The whole trilogy is bullshit. Anakin was too young when they found him too in my opinion. Could've at least been 13 or 14. Not fucking 9. It make the whole love story that develops in Clones really awkward and stupid. Padme was like 10 years older than him in Phantom almost and then suddenly they are in love upon meeting again ten years later when Anakin is all grown. Bullshit man.

Killing off Darth Maul is one of the most idiotic moves in movie history. What the fuck was Lucas thinking? Keeping him around would have at least provided a few more "epic battles" between Obi-wan and the final turn to the darkside for Anakin could've climaxed with a battle vs Maul in which he kills Maul to take his place along side Palpatine.

Lucas fucked the prequels so hard it's not even funny

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

TIL 14 is ten years older than nine.

Epic Movie

Disaster Movie

Scary Movie (1-??)

Terminator 3

Terminator Salvation

Sharknado

Mega Shark VS Giant Octopus

Mega Shark VS Crocosaurus