Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Has anyone ever watched Harmy's Despecialized original trilogy?

The guy has basically made Blu Ray quality versions of the original, unaltered trilogy, it's taken years of work and the films look EXACTLY (even in terms of minor things like color correction) like what was released in 1977, 80 and 1983. He's used rare film prints of the trilogy, laserdisk versions, a whole bunch of sources, and made it all in blu ray quality. It doesn't look cobbled together, either. It looks like you're actually watching a Blu Ray of the 1977 film.

VIII officially announced and the first spinoff will be called- ROGUE ONE. That really excites me, as it sounds like it'll be about Alliance pilots. Lots they could do with that without worrying about recasting beloved roles.

Also of note- Only a year and five month wait between VII and VIII... that is crazy

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one-is-the-first-star-wars-stand-alone-film-rian-johnson-to-write-and-direct-star-wars-episode-viii?linkId=12857855

A year and a half in between 7 and 8? Hey I love SW, but that seems awfully soon, Lucas always made us wait 3 years or so in between film. Sometimes I wish (like with lotr and hobbit) that they would of given a little more breathing room in between films. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I don't want Disney to do anything beyond 9 (except for spinoffs), so hurrying to get to 9 just seems weird to me...

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

A year and a half in between 7 and 8? Hey I love SW, but that seems awfully soon, Lucas always made us wait 3 years or so in between film. Sometimes I wish (like with lotr and hobbit) that they would of given a little more breathing room in between films. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I don't want Disney to do anything beyond 9 (except for spinoffs), so hurrying to get to 9 just seems weird to me...

No way Disney stops. We'll definitely get X, XII, and XIII eventually. I could see another prequel trilogy before that though

Edited by ZoSoRose

No way Disney stops. Well defonotely get X, XII, and XIII eventually. I could see another prequel trilogy before thay though

I'd kill for a KOTOR-era trilogy.

• Like 1

No way Disney stops. Well defonotely get X, XII, and XIII eventually. I could see another prequel trilogy before thay though

I'd kill for a KOTOR-era trilogy.

Christian Bale does look like Revan...

I get what you're saying but Disney didn't buy sw to just make 3 movies and call it a day they intend to keep it going. I'd rather they take their time and have quality stuff though.