Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Ford still has that, ''why am I acting in this shit'', look on his face.

Really though, what roles has he had that have had serious artistic merit?

Blade Runner.

Saw that in the cinema recently, proper big screen digital job. Masterpiece.

Blade Runner.

So one good movie merits a career of blockbuster schlock?

What is the point you are making here? Ford's always looked embarrassed about appearing in Star Wars.

I don't think it is any secret that Harrison Ford has issues with Star Wars. JJ Abrams even mentioned it when he discussed contacting Ford about The Force Awakens.

And I think that JJ took onboard Ford's issues when it came to The Force Awakens. From what I have read it sounds like JJ is giving Ford exactly what he originally wanted in terms of Han Solo's character.

I don't think it is any secret that Harrison Ford has issues with Star Wars. JJ Abrams even mentioned it when he discussed contacting Ford about The Force Awakens.

And I think that JJ took onboard Ford's issues when it came to The Force Awakens. From what I have read it sounds like JJ is giving Ford exactly what he originally wanted in terms of Han Solo's character.

Death?

Death?

it seems like they are gonna kill off all the originals pretty soon.

Death?

it seems like they are gonna kill off all the originals pretty soon.

What makes you say that?

I've never cared for Harrison Ford as an actor...because he isn't an actor; he a movie star. He's all about how heroic and handsome he's going to look projected on a screen that's 30 x 70.

The only role I can find of his that required even a modicum of character intuition is the small role he plays in Apocalypse Now as a geeky lieutenant who can't stop sweating.

Why so nervous, Harrison? Why the bullets of sweat in an air-conditioned room? These were interesting choices for a character; they suggested a life off-screen.

If they kill of Luke ect in this new film or have them retire, so they can make 2 more films about a new generation then screw that.

The whole concept to me of seeing a Star Wars sequels trilogy is about seeing those characters, not seeing a "next generation" of franchise feeders. I really hope Luke ect are in more than 10 minutes of this film.

I was a Star Trek fan too, seeing what Abrams did with Star Trek Into Darkness awful remake/reboot of Wrath of Khan is a bad omen for this.

Blade Runner.

So one good movie merits a career of blockbuster schlock?

American Graffiti

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

Apocalypse Now

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Blade Runner

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Frantic

Patriot Games

The Fugitive

Clear and Present Danger

If they kill of Luke ect in this new film or have them retire, so they can make 2 more films about a new generation then screw that.

The whole concept to me of seeing a Star Wars sequels trilogy is about seeing those characters, not seeing a "next generation" of franchise feeders. I really hope Luke ect are in more than 10 minutes of this film.

I was a Star Trek fan too, seeing what Abrams did with Star Trek Into Darkness awful remake/reboot of Wrath of Khan is a bad omen for this.

The idea of a sequel trilogy has always been a passing-of-the-torch act. Even watching some old interviews about q potential sequel trilogy, it was clear that it wouldn't all be about Luke, Han, and Leia.

The idea of a sequel trilogy has always been a passing-of-the-torch act. Even watching some old interviews about q potential sequel trilogy, it was clear that it wouldn't all be about Luke, Han, and Leia.

I said the concept to me regardless :P. That said, there where other old interviews where they said the opposite and that they wanted to make a sequel trilogy that had nothing to do with the main storyline, just Luke ect. in their 60's.

Lucas done interviews in the 80's/90's that he later contradicted.

Ok talking about the big three here so don't click if you don't want to know their likely fate.

Han has a major role in TFA. But numerous leaks and reports mention that he ends up confronting Kylo Ren at the end of the film and Ren ends up killing Han. There are also reports that Ren is Han and Leia's son.

Ren gets fucked up badly at the end by Luke but for some reason Luke doesn't kill him. Most likely because he knows he who he is.

Luke's role is smaller than Han's but it is significant and leads to a major role in Episode 8

Leia's role hasn't been mentioned much at all, it is probably small but significant and will be much of the same in Episode 8 (probably because Carrie Fisher is too much of a liability to rely on for a major role)

Edited by Facekicker

• 3 weeks later...

I'm so sick of superhero movies... dying for some star wars. the movie probably won't live up to a lot of peoples expectations but I know I'm gonna enjoy it.

(oh yeah and this thread needs to be on page one at all times)

Edited by PITBOSS
  • Like 1

Ok talking about the big three here so don't click if you don't want to know their likely fate.

Han has a major role in TFA. But numerous leaks and reports mention that he ends up confronting Kylo Ren at the end of the film and Ren ends up killing Han. There are also reports that Ren is Han and Leia's son.

Ren gets fucked up badly at the end by Luke but for some reason Luke doesn't kill him. Most likely because he knows he who he is.

Luke's role is smaller than Han's but it is significant and leads to a major role in Episode 8

Leia's role hasn't been mentioned much at all, it is probably small but significant and will be much of the same in Episode 8 (probably because Carrie Fisher is too much of a liability to rely on for a major role)

this all sounds like BS to me, tbh.

Fury Road has tided me over for the time being. Then I've got Jurassic World to look forward to in June and Terminator Genisys in July (j/k, both are gonna suck). A few months with nothing that excites me, followed by SPECTRE and The Hateful Eight within a week of each other. Then just over a month until Star Wars :)

It's easier to wait for movies when you've got plenty of other new stuff that excites you in the meantime.

Fury Road has tided me over for the time being. Then I've got Jurassic World to look forward to in June and Terminator Genisys in July (j/k, both are gonna suck). A few months with nothing that excites me, followed by SPECTRE and The Hateful Eight within a week of each other. Then just over a month until Star Wars :)

It's easier to wait for movies when you've got plenty of other new stuff that excites you in the meantime.

I am excited for ALL of those (and Halo 5, Rush, The Stones, AC/DC, etc)

But nothing helps. The wait for Star Wars is evil

Why? Loads of that info came from leaks. The trailers verified a lot of the detail included in those leaks. Ford wanted that character development back when they were filming Return of the Jedi.

Why? Loads of that info came from leaks. The trailers verified a lot of the detail included in those leaks. Ford wanted that character development back when they were filming Return of the Jedi.

Loads of info did come from the leaks and none of those are really in them.

Luke's role ranges from unknown to controversial and widely discussed, Han has been established as a lead, and there is a lot of information on Leia's role

Loads of info did come from the leaks and none of those are really in them.

Luke's role ranges from unknown to controversial and widely discussed, Han has been established as a lead, and there is a lot of information on Leia's role

Such as?