Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Leaser of the resistance sends poe on his mission, shows up after the castle scene, has a reunion with han, commands during final battle

Yeah but there has been no detail at all regarding her scenes. She could be in it for 10 minutes for all we know.

There has been loads of detail concerning Han.

Practically none for Luke.

i just don't really see disney scooping these guys for a big reunion and then killing off han in the first chapter.

he wanted them to kill han back in 1983 -- it didn't happen. since then, the franchise has become legendary, his character has become iconic, and disney is attempting to overcome the negative reaction to the prequel trilogy; while killing off a major, iconic character straight away would be bold to say the least, i just don't see it happening, for a variety of reasons.

i could be wrong, but a lot of the early leaks that were supposedly verified (such as luke being the bad guy, etc.) have now been contradicted by the trailers, so it's also very, very possible that disney is purposely filtering 'fake' leaks (knowing they are seemingly verifiable) to throw people off.

ultimately i don't trust anything i read until i see the film, and closer to the release when people do actually start seeing it i'm going to try very hard to resist the urge to read any spoilers

i just don't really see disney scooping these guys for a big reunion and then killing off han in the first chapter.

he wanted them to kill han back in 1983 -- it didn't happen. since then, the franchise has become legendary, his character has become iconic, and disney is attempting to overcome the negative reaction to the prequel trilogy; while killing off a major, iconic character straight away would be bold to say the least, i just don't see it happening, for a variety of reasons.

i could be wrong, but a lot of the early leaks that were supposedly verified (such as luke being the bad guy, etc.) have now been contradicted by the trailers, so it's also very, very possible that disney is purposely filtering 'fake' leaks (knowing they are seemingly verifiable) to throw people off.

ultimately i don't trust anything i read until i see the film, and closer to the release when people do actually start seeing it i'm going to try very hard to resist the urge to read any spoilers

Makingstarwars.net seem to have gotten their hands on a shooting script that has a very basic outline of each scene. From the evidence they have presented it seems Han is killed towards the end by Kylo Ren and there is a definite connection between Kylo, Rey and Han.

Kylo killing Han would be a good way to establish him as a villain, particularly if he is going to last the trilogy.

I'm throwing my rattle out of the pram bigtime if Han Solo dies.

Seriously.

I haven't been reading the spoilers here, but if that happens, I'd say JJ's been watching too much GoT.

Or listening to Harrison Ford's ideas. It's widely known that Ford wanted to be killed off in ROTJ.

A couple rumors floating around:

Anthology film about Han and Bona Fett pre-A New Hope and an Obi-Wan Trilogy.

I'd love to see an Obi-Wan movie taking place between RotS and ANH with Ewan McGregor, a trilogy would be cool, too.

Edited by luciusfunk

I'd love to see an Obi-Wan movie taking place between RotS and ANH with Ewan McGregor, a trilogy would be cool, too.

It'd take a trilogy just to try and justify the retcons from the original trilogy and the prequels. Presumably Obi Wan would hit his head at the end of 3rd and forget alot.

• Like 1

I would have no problem with Han Solo or any of the main characters dying. The only ones I wouldn't want to see die would be R2-D2 and C3-PO. Obi-Wan died, Yoda died, Darth Vader died, they all die. So if Han Solo dies it would be realistic AND there's nothing wrong with throwing in a little bit of suprise every now and then. I mean Han Solo isn't going any further than these next three movies at the most anyways so.... Why not have him die some heroic death? Makes sense to me and in fact i think it would be a good thing.

Rey has been confirmed as the lead hero. A load of Lego set descriptions were released and her speeder was described as the lead hero craft.

I'd prefer her to be the next Jedi over Boyega anyway.

From the trailers I kinda got the sense that was how it would be anyways. Boyega will be the Han to her Luke kinda thing.

• 2 weeks later...

This movie is going to fucking destroy the box office opening weekend record.

Actually, it might not because its coming out in December. It'll still make more than Ultron and Jurrasic World overall though

New leaks

http://imgur.com/cnTRpKK,lCoQftS,TtvHO7Z (there are three images there)

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/06/first-look-pics-of-domhnall-gleesons-the-general-and-han-solo-piloting-the-falcon/

Actually, it might not because its coming out in December. It'll still make more than Ultron and Jurrasic World overall though

New leaks

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/06/first-look-pics-of-domhnall-gleesons-the-general-and-han-solo-piloting-the-falcon/

Got really intrigued by:

The hand (most probably Kylo Ren) taking Vader's helmet, which contains parts of his skull still in it

New leaks

Got really intrigued by:

The hand (most probably Kylo Ren) taking Vader's helmet, which contains parts of his skull still in it

Where'd you see that?!

Who cares. Grown adults were crying when they saw the trailer and kids everywhere love Star Wars. The Star Wars trailer release was the biggest movie event of the year. The actual movie release itself....... it's going to crush box office records. Maybe no movie has ever gone passed 90 or 100 million on opening weekend in December BUT Star Wars has never opened in December ;)

I'd put money of Star Wars going well past Jurassic Park. Star wars will have zero competetion in December and every person going to the movies is going to go to TFA

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

Who cares. Grown adults were crying when they saw the trailer and kids everywhere love Star Wars. The Star Wars trailer release was the biggest movie event of the year. The actual movie release itself....... it's going to crush box office records. Maybe no movie has ever gone passed 90 or 100 million on opening weekend in December BUT Star Wars has never opened in December ;)

I'd put money of Star Wars going well past Jurassic Park. Star wars will have zero competetion in December and every person going to the movies is going to go to TFA

The Hateful Eight comes out a week after Star Wars (Christmas Day) but that's the only other big movie I can think of that has a December release, and it probably doesn't have a whole lot of crossover appeal with SW. Most of the people who would go see Hateful Eight probably couldn't care less about SW, and those that do will likely see Star Wars in that first week before Hateful Eight opens.

• 2 weeks later...