Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

What a load of shit these films are. Please don't tell me they're making another one. I remember when I was a kid my friend lending me Star Wars on Vhs, then a few weeks later being gutted when he gave me empire strikes back. If only I knew then that after there would be about ten more of this bollocks.

Peter Cushing and Alec Guinness were embarrassed by it. They instantly had all these american nerds who just knew about them because of star wars, despite the fact that they had been acting in masterpieces for years.

Star Wars was a shitty b-movie made by a weirdo beardo from stateside that they agreed to because they were hard up for cash. It is inconsequential when you look at their cvs with such classics as Bridge over the River Kwai.

He didn't take into account the number of Star Wars films who went to check out his older films out of interest because of Star Wars. Thanks to Star Wars he didn't really have to work again. He was more well off than most of his peers at the time.

At least Peter Cushing wasn't that prissy about it. He always gives his roles 150%. That is what makes him so fun to watch. No matter how bad the movie is, he will play an Oscar worthy performance.

The thing is you can see Harrison Ford is embarrassed by the thing. ''George, you can write this shit but you certainly can't act it''. You can read between the lines. These people want to be serious actors. If you want to be a serious actor you should skip star wars.

Ford went on to have the best career of all of them. Raiders, Witness, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, The Fugitive, Air Force One, Blade Runner. His career speaks for itself.

Indiana Jones might actually be his favorite role.

@zoso,

Is plagues supposed to be the big baddie?

No, someone asked about him in the panel and no one even knew who he was. Lawrence Kasdan was like Darth... Vegas? :lol:

Serkis' character is named Supreme Leader Snoke, I'd bet that's the big bad

What a load of shit these films are. Please don't tell me they're making another one. I remember when I was a kid my friend lending me Star Wars on Vhs, then a few weeks later being gutted when he gave me empire strikes back. If only I knew then that after there would be about ten more of this bollocks.

Peter Cushing and Alec Guinness were embarrassed by it. They instantly had all these american nerds who just knew about them because of star wars, despite the fact that they had been acting in masterpieces for years.

Right, because only Americans like Star Wars. The rest of the world is too cultured for that crap. :lol:

EPVIII eyes Benicio Del Toro for villain.

and...

a 18 foot MF toy coming

CKZE-6nWgAUycXE.jpg

18 feet? WTF is a person even supposed to do with that.