Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

So Finn goes from a disillusioned Stormtrooper to a lightsaber-wielding Jedi over the course of one movie?

Then again, I guess Luke had a lightsaber on the original Star Wars poster so we'll see.

I was under the impression that the storm trooper outfit was a disguise ala Luke and Han in Episode 4.

So Finn goes from a disillusioned Stormtrooper to a lightsaber-wielding Jedi over the course of one movie?

Then again, I guess Luke had a lightsaber on the original Star Wars poster so we'll see.

I was under the impression that the storm trooper outfit was a disguise ala Luke and Han in Episode 4.

Well based on the trailers and pictures released, it seems that the narrative is that Finn is a Stormtrooper who defects by getting in a TIE Fighter and blowing shit up before crash landing on Jakku and running into Rey.

Finn is sort of a stormtrooper

He is forced into the ranks against his will (from what I;ve read)

He defects after he witnesses the Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren in action.

He ends up using the lightsaber (Anakin/Luke blue saber) at certain points in the movie.

It doesn't mean that he ends up a Jedi.

Also Luke went from a farmboy to Jedi in training in one movie.

EDIT: By the way, that is the teaser poster.

Edited by Facekicker
  • Like 2

I've got nothing against Finn being a Jedi, I just hope the transition is believable.

Also, Han looks badass as fuck on that poster. I really hope he's in the whole trilogy/whatever Disney is doing.

Ok so in relation to who is going to be the next Jedi in training...

It ain't Finn

That is from all the leaks I have read. I can you more if you want.

Apparently Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World) is directing Episode 9, slated to come out in 2019.

not sure why they have to keep switching directors? kind of annoying

I mean, the original trilogy had 3 different directors and it sure didn't suffer from that.

Apparently Colin Trevorrow (Jurassic World) is directing Episode 9, slated to come out in 2019.

I mean, the original trilogy had 3 different directors and it sure didn't suffer from that.

i dunno just wish they would get a winning team and stick with it i guess? who is writing for 8 and 9 are they changing that too?

I've seen a couple of the leak rumors, the only one of which I can remember at the moment is

Luke is a villainous cyborg, which seems to have been disproven by the leaked photo?

Not interested in having the majority of the movie spoiled though.

Yeah that idea was thrown out.

Awful choice.

That is just to give each director a rest.