Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

I thought JJ's Star Trek movies were pretty good. The first one especially. I was never into Star Trek but I really liked the new ones. Funny thing is Star Trek isn't a passion of JJ's. Star Wars is. He originally did the Star Trek movies because he never thought he'd get a chance to do a Star Wars movie so Star Trek was as close as he'd get. He's passionate about Star Wars and he gets it. He knows fans for the most part REALLY dislike the prequels. He'll stay true to ithe spirit of the originals and make them awesome I think. So far everything looks amazing I think.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

I wouldn't pay attention to those people. They must forget that Star Trek movies have been terrible for the most part. JJ's were very good (1st) and good (2nd)

II, IV, VI and First Contact were the best ones.

After seeing some BTS footage, I think JJ does show a lot of passion for the project. What I like most is the use of practical effects, costumes, makeup. Not a bunch of people walking around in ball suits in large green rooms.

What's with all the prequel hate? Although not as good as the originals, I thought they were fine, they look great on Blu Ray.

Well that's all that matters, they look pretty.

Little early to be wasted, isn't it?

Edited by AxlisOld
  • Like 3

What's with all the prequel hate? Although not as good as the originals, I thought they were fine, they look great on Blu Ray.

They look like shit. They look like video games. Cartoony crap. They look so incredibly dated compared to movies that were made almost 3 decades earlier. Blue Ray or not. The story sucks, the character development sucks, the acting is awful, there is almost zero chemistry between any of the characters, classic characters were ruined, most noteably Anakin Skywalker, plot holes galore that don't mesh with the originals, the pointlessly killed off potential great villian in Darth Maul simply to add new villians to sell more action figures, scenes like the pod race were obviously no more than promotion for a video game, the over abundance of stupid looking alien creatures in every fucking scene, awful dialogue, forced unfunny humor, Jar Jat fucking Binks.......... should I go on?

• Like 1