Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Guys, I heard a song on the radio today that I didn't recognize, the chorus was Writing On The Wall over and over again. Shazam didn't recognize it, but I'm pretty sure it was Sam Smith, so this had to be the theme song for SPECTRE even though it's not released until the 25th.

I'm only half joking - I really did hear a song whose chorus was Writing On The Wall that Shazam didn't recognize :lol:

why is this in the star wars thread

You know what I just realized? We still know absolutely nothing about Max Von Sydow's role in the film. No voice work in trailers, no images, no products - nothing. I actually forgot he was in it until just now when I was looking at the cast in IMDb. Considering he was fairly played-up when the cast was announced, I'm interested to see what role he plays in the film.

There's a rumor concerning VIII that

Christiansen is training to appear.

Exclusively as a force ghost I assume?

That was my initial thought, but then the article I read pointed out that he wouldn't need "training" to play a Force Ghost.

They also kept stressing that it was just a rumor, so who knows what's up.

That was my initial thought, but then the article I read pointed out that he wouldn't need "training" to play a Force Ghost.

Maybe his scene would be similar to the scene in Empire where Luke, while training, "fights" Vader - the scene where Vader's helmet explodes only to see Luke's face within?

• Like 3

Maybe his scene would be similar to the scene in Empire where Luke, while training, "fights" Vader - the scene where Vader's helmet explodes only to see Luke's face within?

That's exactly what I was gonna say. That or maybe some sort of Flash back scene. Any other scenario would be really fucking dumb to be honest. If he's in it and comes back from the dead or some shit I'll be pissed off haha!

• Like 1

That's exactly what I was gonna say. That or maybe some sort of Flash back scene. Any other scenario would be really fucking dumb to be honest. If he's in it and comes back from the dead or some shit I'll be pissed off haha!

I doubt they'd jump the shark like that. I would be okay with him as a force ghost to, to be honest.

I'd be down to see Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-Wan briefly as ghosts

The problem with Obi-Wan showing up as a force ghost is, they've already retconned Christensen into being Anakin's force ghost in ROTJ on the DVD/Blu Ray releases. Obi-Wan's force ghost in the original trilogy is still Alec Guinness in every edition of Empire and Jedi. It would be jarring to now make Obi-Wan's force ghost Ewan McGreggor.

• Like 2