Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

I'd be down to see Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-Wan briefly as ghosts

The problem with Obi-Wan showing up as a force ghost is, they've already retconned Christensen into being Anakin's force ghost in ROTJ on the DVD/Blu Ray releases. Obi-Wan's force ghost in the original trilogy is still Alec Guinness in every edition of Empire and Jedi. It would be jarring to now make Obi-Wan's force ghost Ewan McGreggor.
They could make him old with makeup

And maybe you guys are right

Edited by ZoSoRose

Please don't let Hayden Christiansen near the set.

And please no fucking shoe horned force ghosts Jesus Christ that's so fucking gay.

I agree. The whole idea of it sounds fucking stupid to me. I get it it's flash backs or whatever but if they're just doing it for cameo sake then fuck off. I don't want Hayden in thse movies either. The fans for the most part dislike/hate the prequels so stay away from them. That includes having Hayden as a force ghost. Fucking dumb.

So is Darth maul alive or what

Ufortunately yes and it's quite possibly the dumbest shit in the entire Star Wars universe. Give me a fucking break. Dude gets cut in half and falls hundreds of feet and he's alive. This idea that Jedi and Sith are invincible is idiotic. It's like those morons who argue Mace Windu could still be alive. What kind a shit is that? As stupid as Darth Maul dying was he should be fucking dead.

"You look younger, Obi."

"Well, I figured since I'm a ghost now, I can look as young as I want, so why keep looking like my old man self?"

CGI Episode III Yoda ghost: "I agwee"

problem solved

Please no.

yeah that's pretty cool. I was messing around with it earlier

Even if its canon, its like, still a different kind of canon you know? The movies will always be their own thing in a way.

Still, I really like Clone Wars

Not anymore - the Clone Wars are now considered the same level canon as the films since the EU purge last year.

Although that is true material outside of the movies will never "really" be on the same level of canon as the movies themself

I have a gut feeling that Vader is some how going to be brought back from the dead in this trilogy. Only it won't be Anakin anymore, something different. Why else would Haden be brought back? He will be like the good Anakin and Vader will be the evil one, or something like that. Although I bet Anakin remains a ghost. Just a feeling I have.

Vader just seems to be a very big part of the story, if what I read is true. Its like his shadow is still all over the universe, even 30 years later. Besides Lucas DID say once that Vader/Anakin is the central character of the series, so he almost seems necessary for these new films.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

I have a gut feeling that Vader is some how going to be brought back from the dead in this trilogy. Only it won't be Anakin anymore, something different. Why else would Haden be brought back? He will be like the good Anakin and Vader will be the evil one, or something like that. Although I bet Anakin remains a ghost. Just a feeling I have.

Vader just seems to be a very big part of the story, if what I read is true. Its like his shadow is still all over the universe, even 30 years later. Besides Lucas DID say once that Vader/Anakin is the central character of the series, so he almost seems necessary for these new films.

Nope. Although Vader's influence is still a part of VII in a way. The Hayden rumor isn't a super strong one, and at this point his involvement could be used in many occasions (Force ghost in VIII, playing Vader or Anakin in a spin off, etc). But Vader as a physical being is dead by the time VII comes

Nope. Although Vader's influence is still a part of VII in a way. The Hayden rumor isn't a super strong one, and at this point his involvement could be used in many occasions (Force ghost in VIII, playing Vader or Anakin in a spin off, etc). But Vader as a physical being is dead by the time VII comes

Yeah kylo Ren is basically Vader 2.0 anyway

I was at the theatre tonight, waiting for a friend and I was sitting there mostly just starring at the Star Wars Force Awakens poster. It was only this poster but the kid in me was just transfixed on it. It's pretty cool knowing we're less than 3 months away from a new Star Wars movie.

star-wars-the-force-awakens-37414-poster

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ford still has that, ''why am I acting in this shit'', look on his face.

Really though, what roles has he had that have had serious artistic merit?

Blade Runner.

So one good movie merits a career of blockbuster schlock?

You obviously haven't seen Hollywood Homicide.

Ford still has that, ''why am I acting in this shit'', look on his face.

Really though, what roles has he had that have had serious artistic merit?

Blade Runner.

So one good movie merits a career of blockbuster schlock?

You obviously haven't seen Hollywood Homicide.

Presumed Innocent is a fantastic Harrison Ford film.