Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

Trailer coming with Monday night football

More than likley the trailer will be released much earlier in the day and it will simply be a tv spot during Monday night football. Although it would be pretty badass to show the entire trailer during MNF. Still I'll put money on the trailer being released online around noonish eastern time Monday.

Also tickets will probably go on sale Monday as well.

Edited by Bono

Trailer coming with Monday night football

More than likley the trailer will be released much earlier in the day and it will simply be a tv spot during Monday night football. Although it would be pretty badass to show the entire trailer during MNF. Still I'll put money on the trailer being released online around noonish eastern time Monday.

Also tickets will probably go on sale Monday as well.

Pretty sure ticket sales at 8:30pm EST are already confirmed for that day.

As far as the trailer goes, it seems that something is definitely gonna air during MNF, but yeah idk if it's the full trailer or just a TV spot

• Like 1

Yeah, where the hell is Luke? Don't tell me he's in it for 5 minutes and gets killed off! Don't tell me he gets Bryan Cranston'd.

No way. He just isn't a big part of this film, they are saving luke for 8 and 9. Which think about it, it makes sense. After defeating Vader and the Emperor, is their really a baddie in this film that can challenge Luke? No. They need this film to build up the baddies to be a real threat to Luke. If Luke was the main good guy in this film, he could just go out and handle all the baddies in one film, that wouldn't make for a good triology.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/18/star-wars-the-force-awakens-monday-night-football-tv-spot-teaser/

Pretty much confirms that what we're getting during MNF is the actual trailer.

Told yah so, Bono :P

yes you did but I didn't deny it, I just said it was more likley it would be tv spots during not the full length trailer. Throwing the whole trailer on during MNF though is such a smart move. I'm still gonna bet they throw the trailer online around noonish eastern time.

TEASERS:

Edited by Bono

no luke on the poster?

Yeah, where the hell is Luke? Don't tell me he's in it for 5 minutes and gets killed off! Don't tell me he gets Bryan Cranston'd.

We know Luke plays a prominent role in Episode VIII and it's likley he plays a smaller yet still important role in VII. The fact they are keeping Luke secret is awesome I think. It will make the moment he appears on screen that much better. The Star Wars saga is all abotu the Skywalkers so no need to worry. Luke may die at some point but he's not dying in Episode VII that's for damn sure. He'll be there. I like that they've kept him a mystery.

no luke on the poster?

We know Luke plays a prominent role in Episode VIII and it's likley he plays a smaller yet still important role in VII. The fact they are keeping Luke secret is awesome I think. It will make the moment he appears on screen that much better. The Star Wars saga is all abotu the Skywalkers so no need to worry. Luke may die at some point but he's not dying in Episode VII that's for damn sure. He'll be there. I like that they've kept him a mystery.

It reminds me of how they kept Gollum under wraps until The Two Towers was actually in theaters. Everyone had a pretty good idea what he'd look like, but getting to see him for the first time in the context of the film made everyone lose their fucking minds. I was all excited for that to happen again with The Hobbit because they made a point of not showing Smaug in the prologue, but then showed him in all the trailers for the second film.

no luke on the poster?

It reminds me of how they kept Gollum under wraps until The Two Towers was actually in theaters. Everyone had a pretty good idea what he'd look like, but getting to see him for the first time in the context of the film made everyone lose their fucking minds. I was all excited for that to happen again with The Hobbit because they made a point of not showing Smaug in the prologue, but then showed him in all the trailers for the second film.

If they're following the original trilogy's rhythm, then Han = Obi Wan, dies near 3rd Act of this film, and Luke survives until act 2 of Episode IX.

I'm looking forward to Han Solo's death scene. Hopefully Finn does it #SJW

Honestly I am too in a sense. I think it's important to have main characters die to create a sense of realism and danger. If Han dies then it makes it all that more precarious. You just don't know and you become that much more invested. I don't want Finn to do it though. That would be stupid. :lol:

anybody doing the marathon? i probably won't because no theaters here in town are having it.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-theatrical-poster-first-look-in-theater-exclusives-and-more

I'm going to try and do the original trilogy part of it but seriously the prequels can get fucked. I won't pay to see those.