Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

wonder how closely lucas is following this production, even though he's not involved.

has he read the script? been asked for input? seen the rough cut?

According to people with his old company, he's staying away from all that stuff and prefers to see the final film and be surprised by it like the common fan. With that being said, JJ recently revealed that the final cut of the film has been complete, so maybe george already saw it in his private home theater. It's anyone's guess, really. The man is such a recluse now that it'll probably be awhile still before we find out what he thinks of the finished product Edited by rocknroll41

If he's doing screenings, Kevin Smith and Howard Stern will probably talk about it. Spielberg's former assistant runs Lucasfilm so if anyone saw it, he probably did, and Francis Ford Coppola.

He has a 2 year old (another one like Billy Joel and Paul McCartney being senior citizen fathers), so I don't know if recluse is the right word.

HOLY SHIT! The previous record for most movie tickets sold on the first day of presale was the last Hunger Games movie. Star Wars: The Force Awakens sold 8 times that amount in it's first day of presales. That's fucked up. This movie will blow away opening weekend records and will likely push upwards of 300 million on opening weekend.

• Like 2

Think so Georgy.

Did end up snagging tickets for the 17th at 7PM, pretty excited. I saw the prequels in theaters, but barely remember as I was pretty young.

Thinking of dressing up as Gandalf for the lulz.

I'm not dressing up for Star Wars, but I am wearing a suit to the 7PM showing of SPECTRE.

Think so Georgy.

Did end up snagging tickets for the 17th at 7PM, pretty excited. I saw the prequels in theaters, but barely remember as I was pretty young.

I'm not dressing up for Star Wars, but I am wearing a suit to the 7PM showing of SPECTRE.

I did that for Skyfall (solid black tie and all). Not as fun as you'd think. Still encourage you to try it out though.

Think so Georgy.

I did that for Skyfall (solid black tie and all). Not as fun as you'd think. Still encourage you to try it out though.

I mean, I love wearing a suit and look for any opportunity to be able to do so :awesomeface:

Still deciding between my charcoal plaid or my solid grey suit though.

Solid grey.

The charcoal plaid isn't at all flashy, contrary to how it sounds. Plus it's a better fit - almost feels tailored even though it isn't. But why are we even discussing this in the Star Wars thread? :lol:

Once I get my phone back from the screen repair, I'll post a picture in the Bond thread and you can weigh in :P

Think so Georgy.

Just as nerdy.