Star Wars-The Force Awakens Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Georgy Zhukov

I know I've said this before, but jeez how does Carrie manage to all of a sudden look so good these days?!

JJ said "Yo Carrie, lose some weight and hit your face up with some moisturizer and I'll toss you this fat paycheck"

And Carrie was like "For sure."

$$$$$$$

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 1

I gotcha, and to be honest I do really like everything I've read and seen reguarding this film. So I'm just as hopeful as the rest of you. I guess I'm just one of those fans that would also say to JJ "you better not fuck this up", lol.As for the Star Trek reboots, man those are garbage. Go and watch an episode of TNG and tell how those movies resemble anything that Trek is supposed to be about? Ya they have the characters, but thats about it. The reboots are better than Star Trek 1, 5, and 6 But only because those films are terrible. But 2, 3, and 4 FAR superior

Especially 2. Wrath of Khan OWNS into darkness. Trek is a military based, realistic science fiction space adventure. Its the most realistic to how space exploration would be like in the future. That's the appeal of it. Star Wars is the fantasy based space show. The reboots are Star Trek films that are more closely resembled to Star Wars. That's why they suck.

Agree 100% The Star Trek reboots stink. It is as if Trek has been turned into Saved by the Bell.

I gotcha, and to be honest I do really like everything I've read and seen reguarding this film. So I'm just as hopeful as the rest of you. I guess I'm just one of those fans that would also say to JJ "you better not fuck this up", lol.As for the Star Trek reboots, man those are garbage. Go and watch an episode of TNG and tell how those movies resemble anything that Trek is supposed to be about? Ya they have the characters, but thats about it. The reboots are better than Star Trek 1, 5, and 6 But only because those films are terrible. But 2, 3, and 4 FAR superior

Especially 2. Wrath of Khan OWNS into darkness. Trek is a military based, realistic science fiction space adventure. Its the most realistic to how space exploration would be like in the future. That's the appeal of it. Star Wars is the fantasy based space show. The reboots are Star Trek films that are more closely resembled to Star Wars. That's why they suck.

Agree 100% The Star Trek reboots stink. It is as if Trek has been turned into Saved by the Bell.

Did someone say that the reboots were better than Star Trek VI? No way. The Undiscovered Country is one of the best films in the franchise.And I agree that the reboot movies blow.

I said that. Maybe I need to go and watch the undiscovered country again, especially if you recommend it. I know Star Trek 1 bores me to tears and I could never make it through 5. Which is odd because I love 2, 3, and 4.

As evidence by me calling Picard, Bacard earlier in this thread I am clearly not a source of expertise when it comes to Trek, lol. I did grow up loving the TNG though, but after Star Trek Generations, I pretty much checked out. Well except for the occasional episode of DS9. I didn't go back and watch the original series films until much later. I caught Wrath of Khan on tv one day and I really enjoyed it, Which got me reinterest in Star Trek. So I went out and bought all 10 films, but some of them (nemisis and Undiscovered Country) I have only seen once, so maybe I need to give them another view. But I always felt 2, 3, 4, Generations, and First Contact are the best of the film series.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

There is nothing strange about your opinion. Most Trek fans mention this myth of the odd numbered ones. The odd numbered ones (1/5) tend to stink whereas the even ones (2/6/First Contact) tend to be excellent. It is a bit of myth as 3/4/Generations are debatable and tend to divide people, and the last two Next Gen films were consecutive stinkers, but if you look at the ones I have cited in brackets, there does seem to be an element of truth in the myth.

For me, I really enjoyed 4 and Generations a lot. I would argue that 4 is the 2nd best of the original films, and I would argue that Generations is the best of the TNG films. I saw Generations in the theater when it came out and I thought it was awesome, the perfect bridge between the two series. But again, I was always a TNG fan anyways, so it wasn't until much later that I heard about how the OG fans were upset about Kirks death. Which to be fair, they do have a point. After EVERYTHING he had been through, it was a bit of a weak way to kill of the most famous character of the entire franchise. But having said that, I still love that film, and actually rank it a head of First Contact (even though I enjoy that film as well).

I also don't mind the TNG film were they go and rescue the people from the planet, I believe it waa Insurrection? It felt like an episode of TNG, so I don't mind that one. Nemisis is the only one that I really couldn't quite get into. I always wished they made 1 more TNG film, just to give that era a proper send off. Perhaps have Picard retire or promoted to Admiral. Have Riker take over the Enterprise. Just one more FINAL mission. But oh well, that story is clearly finished.

Seriously, frig off with this Trekkie bullshit.

Well, the Trek discussion originally arose because we were discussing the calibre of J. J. Abrams' filmmaking. It is a pertinent discussion I believe, the quality of a prior science fiction franchise which found itself under his overall direction.

Besides, Trek beats the heck out of Wars. Kirk would do three action rolls and zap Han solo before Han would manage to get his blaster out of his holster! Uhura had more sex appeal than Lea and that tart from the prequels combined.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Well, the Trek discussion originally arose because we were discussing the calibre of J. J. Abrams' filmmaking. It is a pertinent discussion I believe, the quality of a prior science fiction franchise which found itself under his overall direction.

Besides, Trek beats the heck out of Wars. Kirk would do three action rolls and zap Han solo before Han would manage to get his blaster out of his holster! Uhura had more sex appeal than Lea and that tart from the prequels combined.

Man, I was right there with you during the first paragraph. I couldn't agree more. But then.... The second paragraph, couldn't disagree more, lol.

Man, I was right there with you during the first paragraph. I couldn't agree more. But then.... The second paragraph, couldn't disagree more, lol.

What can I say? Hold my hands up and say ''Trekkie for life''!

Mother of God! Star Wars facebook page released a new 1 minute teaser today that is fucking insane. easily the best one yet. I don't know how to post the video here but here's the link to their page. Notice TWO different voices of would be villians seemingly talking to each other.

https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/videos/1059652867419647/?pnref=story

Edited by Bono

Mother of God! Star Wars facebook page released a new 1 minute teaser today that is fucking insane. easily the best one yet. I don't know how to post the video here but here's the link to their page. Notice TWO different voices of would be villians seemingly talking to each other.

Yeah I this was definitely my favorite of the TV spots thus far, cause of the dark tone. Tho I do hope the full film has a nice even blend of bright delightful adventure and sinister evil, if that makes sense.

My favorite of the theatrical trailers (and footage released overall) was the second teaser from April

A fucking "Darth Vader" theme. :o