Your concerts in 2014

Powerage5

Last night I got to see Dangers play in a tiny skate shop to like maybe 150 people, it was insane. I got caught in the back for most of the first part of the set because I didn't realize they were going on yet, until the singer tore his way through the crowd and it openned up a bit I was finally able to make wy way to the front. Got to mosh/dance and scream the lyrics with the band for the last couple of songs, it was amazing. I still get goosebumps thinking about how awesome that was, it was probably the only chance I'll ever get to see them since they don't leave California very much.

The song they open up with is called "We Broke the PA", within seconds of the song starting the whole crowd absolutly lost their minds and the PA speaker on the left side of the room ate shit. :lol:

If you have any appreciation for punk rock/hardcore music pay these guys some well deserved attention, it's hard to think of a more honest band that is actively writting and performing music amidst all of the other things they have going on in their lives. You know when you see a band perform and it's just like "oh this is an act", when these guys play it's like "THIS IS FUCKING REAL"

• Like 1

Deciding between a bunch of shows:

Aerosmith in Sofia, 17th May (I'm in Sofia until that day, would cost me £40 to change flights to a few days later)

Pearl Jam in Milton Keynes in July (£77 for tickets, but I've never seen them before)

Neil Young at BST Festival in July (never seen him before, but I'm not sure I can be arsed with the whole festival thing, and tickets are stupid expensive)

Kanye West at Wireless Festival (seen him before, would love to see him again, but again it's an expensive festival with other acts I don't care about)

I'll probably choose just one of these, most likely Pearl Jam. If I was to go for a 2nd it'd be Aerosmith.

Aerosmith in Sofia, 17th May (I'm in Sofia until that day, would cost me £40 to change flights to a few days later)

Pearl Jam in Milton Keynes in July (£77 for tickets, but I've never seen them before)

Neil Young at BST Festival in July (never seen him before, but I'm not sure I can be arsed with the whole festival thing, and tickets are stupid expensive)

Kanye West at Wireless Festival (seen him before, would love to see him again, but again it's an expensive festival with other acts I don't care about)

I'll probably choose just one of these, most likely Pearl Jam. If I was to go for a 2nd it'd be Aerosmith.

Really? When I did an information gathering search on ticketmaster (still have not committed) on Young standard tickets were going at around £60 which is only £10 more than Neil's 2013 Arena tour and basically standard 'arena-level-artist prices' these days (Nugnr in 2012; Kiss, 2011), £50-60, although The Who were charging £80 last year. I find all tickets very expensive these days but £60 is basically what everyone else of Neil's stature is charging. I semi-agree about the festival thing as I hate festivals also, but this is just an one day thing and not a 'rolling around in shit for a week' job.

I would go and see Young as it is with Crazy Horse and there is speculation that it will be The Horse's last tour. Then again, I am biased.

Really? When I did an information gathering search on ticketmaster (still have not committed) on Young standard tickets were going at around £60 which is only £10 more than Neil's 2013 Arena tour and basically standard 'arena-level-artist prices' these days (Nugnr in 2012; Kiss, 2011), £50-60, although The Who were charging £80 last year. I find all tickets very expensive these days but £60 is basically what everyone else of Neil's stature is charging. I semi-agree about the festival thing as I hate festivals also, but this is just an one day thing and not a 'rolling around in shit for a week' job.

I would go and see Young as it is with Crazy Horse and there is speculation that it will be The Horse's last tour. Then again, I am biased.

Is it only £60?! I guess last year's BST tickets were £100 because it was the Stones. Saying that, though, £60 isn't exactly peanuts. If it's Crazy Horse's last tour then I might go. I've heard a lot of great things about Pearl Jam, though. A cousin of mine is a huge Metallica fan and has seen Metallica a bunch of times, but told me he was taken to a Pearl Jam gig by his gf and it was the best thing he'd ever seen, despite not being that big a fan.

Those are Rolling Stones prices sir, i.e. not for us paupers. (I am glad I saw the Stones in 1998 and saved a bob or two). I am not the world's biggest Pearl Jam fan (although obviously I like Mirrorball) but I have heard they are good live also. That is steep mind, £77 - almost as expensive as The Who and much dearer than old legends like Young and Dylan!
Here is the full Crazy Horse dates by the way:
  • Like 1

I would really love if Pearl Jam added a London date, I'd go in a heartbeat. With Milton Keynes it's a bit more complicated, I'll probably have to wait until close to the date to decide whether I can go or not, a twhich point second hand tickets will be immensely expensive.

although The Who were charging £80 last year.

Those were the most expensive tickets (except for the floor maybe, I don't know what those cost). I got an £80 ticket (it was actually something like £76) and it was pretty much the closest you could be to the stage while sitting on the side of the arena. Tickets for seats further back were cheaper, even some under £50 if I remember right. That was Wembley Arena.

Weird to think but, given their age, there's a chance I went to The Who's last ever show. I hope that's not the case though.

Who tickets were all £80 at Newcastle when I checked and it was the same month as Neil Young so had to pass. (Newcastle Metro Arena tend to charge one flat price for every ticket and it is, first come first served on the good seats). I regret not seeing them before Entwhistle died - they played the arena, I think it was about ten years ago. Just about to go and get my Motorhead ticket refunded - Lemmy is still ill.

Guest Len B'stard

I've had it with gigging, gets on my tits now, hanging around hours for some self important moron to get onstage and act like he's doing me a favour just by breathing, fuck that.

I've had it with gigging, gets on my tits now, hanging around hours for some self important moron to get onstage and act like he's doing me a favour just by breathing, fuck that.

I think Axl has done this to you!

Admittedly, it does take a lot to get me out of the house these days.

Full of Hell and Mutilation Rites just played the local punk/metal dive bar in my city last night, very cool show. If you're into grindcore or black metal at all and you have a chance to see either of these bands live don't miss it, Full of Hell especially, holy shit. One of the meanest bands I've ever seen and these kids are like maybe 18 - 20 at the oldest.

• 2 weeks later...

Calling Festival, 28 June, Clapham Common, South London: Aerosmith, Joe Bonamassa, Walking Papers (Duff's band) !!!

Going there, too, maybe see you there!

Actually I found out about from here. The show is not mentioned on Aerosmith's website and it's not on their facebook page either.

Got tickets for NIN / Soundgarden in Bristow, VA in August. Other potential shows are Avenged Sevenfold, Alice in Chains and Bruce Springsteen if I can get decent GA tickets (AiC isn't sold out yet, just not 100% on the show yet). Still considering Rock on the Range, too.

Besides the NIN/SG show, only other confirmed shows are Gn'R in Bethlehem and the last three Vegas shows.

Also would like to catch one of the KISS/Def Leppard shows, but ticket prices are kind of crazy.

GO SEE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.

A7X were great when I saw them, definitely worth seeing once just for that awesome Shepherd of Fire opening (I like their Hail to the King album the best).

AiC were fun, though I was surprised that from their last album they only played the 2 singles.

Yeah, I've seen A7X a number of times and screwed the pooch this time waiting around and regular GA sold out and cheapest you can get it online somewhere else is like $180+ lol So I'm hoping some cheaper ones show up.

Same with Bruce. Missed the general sale and secondhand GA tickets are upwards to $180. I want to see him, but not for that price.

I really wanna see AiC at least once, ticket prices are cheap - only downside is the venue is 3 hours away and it's on a workday. We'll see though.