Your concerts in 2014

Powerage5

Absolutely loved seeing Halestorm last night! ^_^ They really do fucking rock. Arejay is the most entertaining drummer I've seen in a long time and Lzzy is... well.. Lzzy. Love het voice, love her attitude and love seeing how she's as much as a music fan as a musician. Great gig!

The opening act was Dayshell. When I was a child I was playing on the monkeybars. One time I fell down and my nuts crashed right onto the bars. That was a lot more fun than seeing Dayshell.

• Like 1

Saw Arsenal last Saturday. It's like one big party every time I see them, always a great crowd. I was looking for clips of the concert to post here, but there are very few on YT. Not really surprised, as I saw very few people filming it. Even read in a review of the show that there were surprisingly few people holding their mobile phones in the air. I guess people were just too busy enjoying the show and dancing :) Managed to find one clip that is of reasonable quality, as it captures the crowd too. Mind you, we're in Belgium, so no Brazilian craziness ;)

Absolutely loved seeing Halestorm last night! ^_^ They really do fucking rock. Arejay is the most entertaining drummer I've seen in a long time and Lzzy is... well.. Lzzy. Love het voice, love her attitude and love seeing how she's as much as a music fan as a musician. Great gig!

The opening act was Dayshell. When I was a child I was playing on the monkeybars. One time I fell down and my nuts crashed right onto the bars. That was a lot more fun than seeing Dayshell.

I've seen Halestorm twice now and I've got to agree. They aren't a band whose albums I'm going to put on repeat or anything but they put on a damn good show. The tunes are good, Lzzy is great, and Arejay is entertaining as all hell to watch. His antics remind me of Tommy Lee but amplified times ten.

Also, your description of Dayshell.. :lol:

I've seen Halestorm twice now and I've got to agree. They aren't a band whose albums I'm going to put on repeat or anything but they put on a damn good show. The tunes are good, Lzzy is great, and Arejay is entertaining as all hell to watch. His antics remind me of Tommy Lee but amplified times ten.

Also, your description of Dayshell.. :lol:

It's silly, but I can't get over how much I like Halestorm. Somehow they make me feel like when I was 14 and first getting into rock music. There's a couple of things about them I generally wouldn't like. The lyrics are sometimes a little rebellious teenager meets social outcast. I generally hate that. But somehow with them I dig it and it makes me feel this childlike enthusiasm. I love how they're fans of the music. They genuinely look like they're living their dream of being like the rockstars they grew up loving.

I suppose their show Rock Song is the best example of that. It's quite simplistic lyrically (not to mention written aimed at a teenage girl) but it's the exact feeling I had when I first got into rock music and started to see live shows. And it's the feeling I still have at great gigs. I love that about Halestorm. They transfer that feeling perfectly. Here's To Us deserves a mention too. Fantastic anthem everybody can relate to. I prefer the version with Slash and Myles to the original though.

very stupid thread. op is hipster hooray for tolerance!

Wrong thread? ;)

Checked the OP and point still stands

38528-trollface-trol-d.jpg

Hey - fuck you you fucking fuck :fuckyou:

Might be seeing black Sabbath tomorrow if my buddy can score tickets. I hope they don't play any 13 shit.

Think they've been doing about 4 songs from 13 each night. At least they're doing my favorite Ozzy era song still (Under The Sun).

Anyway, my list for this year is still at:

2014-02-09 - Maria Mena, Jurgen Visser @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

2014-04-20 - Halestorm, Dayshell @ Melkweg, Amsterdam

2014-05-22 - Eagles @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam

2014-06-07 - Rolling Stones, John Mayer, Flogging Molly @ Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf

Which is an all-time low for me. Since 2006 I haven't seen less than 12 concerts a year. So I wonder how that'll develop. :lol:

Clapton has announced his first European dates. So if he comes anywhere near here I'll probably go for that.

I'd also love another Flogging Molly club gig. Sure, I'll see them at Pinkpop, but they're still WAY better in a small sweaty beer-drenched club.

Then there's my (idle) hope of Buddy Guy coming to Europe, but so far nothing... :(

I'd to see love Billy Joel as well, but there's no real reason to think he'll come any time soon either.

2014-06-07 - Rolling Stones, John Mayer, Flogging Molly @ Pinkpop Festival, Landgraaf

Which is an all-time low for me. Since 2006 I haven't seen less than 12 concerts a year. So I wonder how that'll develop. :lol:

Clapton has announced his first European dates. So if he comes anywhere near here I'll probably go for that.

I'd also love another Flogging Molly club gig. Sure, I'll see them at Pinkpop, but they're still WAY better in a small sweaty beer-drenched club.

Then there's my (idle) hope of Buddy Guy coming to Europe, but so far nothing... :(

I'd to see love Billy Joel as well, but there's no real reason to think he'll come any time soon either.

How much were Eagles tickets for Amsterdam? Think it was £80 plus here for the O2 show in June so I passed.

How much were Eagles tickets for Amsterdam? Think it was £80 plus here for the O2 show in June so I passed.

80 or 90 euro's for field tickets I think. I've seen them before and they're great, but I wasn't planning on going to see them again at that price. But my dad (who never saw them) really wanted to go, so I tagged along. ;)

80 or 90 euro's for field tickets I think. I've seen them before and they're great, but I wasn't planning on going to see them again at that price. But my dad (who never saw them) really wanted to go, so I tagged along. ;)

Hah, my dad saw them last year, if I was in Abu Dhabi I would have gone with him :lol:

Might be seeing black Sabbath tomorrow if my buddy can score tickets. I hope they don't play any 13 shit.

Jesus christ, I would pay to see you and BS duke it out :rofl-lol:

He was talking about the actual band :lol:

But I would still win. :max:

I know. I just picture Bacardi ripping on 13 and you tackling him :lol:

Anyways, this will probably my shortest concert year in years since money and time are tight! That is ok though as I so far have on my list-

Jimmy Page

Ringo

Queen + Adam Lambert

Pretty solid so far! Would also like to try and see NIN/Soundgarden and John Fogerty

Blaze Bayley is playing a tiny club gig immediately after Iron Maiden in Bergen, doing a set that only consists of Maiden songs. That should be fun :shades:

Does Iron Maiden ever deviate from their show in any way, like change the setlist a bit or have a guest star?

Not really, no. At the beginning of a tour it'll take a few gigs for them to settle on the final setlist, but at most 2 or 3 songs get switched.

Going to Queen + Adam Lambert in July and gonna try to get tickets to Macca in Lubbock in June. His first performance in Lubbock and it's the start of the new tour.

Ok, just Queen + Adam Lambert for now. The cheapest tickets for Macca in Lubbock I could find were $375.