Axl is Guns N Roses ?

Chainsforalice

Guns N' Roses is a name. As far as I know not one person in the world is named Guns N' Roses, not even Axl. So no human being is Guns N' Roses. GNR is a band fronted by Axl.

Exactly.

I don't know why people care so much about the name of a band, or who is in the band.

All I care about is the music produced. I don't care the name of the band that produces the music.

Axl owns the name GnR.

GnR has been a revolving door of musicians.

Unfortunately, since the classic line-up disbanded, Axl has chosen to not release music with his fans (one album in 15 years). To me, that is more important than the "name" of the band.

Guns N' Roses is a name. As far as I know not one person in the world is named Guns N' Roses, not even Axl. So no human being is Guns N' Roses. GNR is a band fronted by Axl.

Exactly.

I don't know why people care so much about the name of a band, or who is in the band.

All I care about is the music produced. I don't care the name of the band that produces the music.

Axl owns the name GnR.

Unfortunately, since the classic line-up disbanded, Axl has chosen to not release music with his fans (one album in 15 years). To me, that is more important than the "name" of the band.

As long it has Pitman involved is GNR.

Axl is Guns N' Roses?

Fuckin' right he is. Without him nothing works.

Without the rest of the musical collective that were a part of all of the classic songs, Axl wouldn't be where he is (or where he was) - that is enough proof that he isn't GNR by himself. At least until 1996 but hey they are still mainly playing those classics that the rest of that musical collective was a part of so it isn't just his presence that is relevant to GNR Edited by WhazUp

Exactly.

Axl owns the name GnR.

As long it has Pitman involved is GNR.

Obviously!

After Diamond dave left the band, you know how long it took me to get used to Sammy hagar as singer of van halen. love Sammy, just wasn't the same. Axl has a particular voice/vocal, just like mustaine, hetfield, layne staley.....you cant just replace those vocals with just anyone!! yes he is gnr!! but he definitely needs these 7 current members

Edited by flyers7503

'Guns N' Roses' is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler/Sorum. Slash was extremely drunk and stupid to sign the name over but regardless, the legal stuff means nothing. GN'R will always be those guys.

In the eyes of the public? Absolutely. That will never change.

As for our purposes, those dummies did sign their lives away like fools. So I can't see how you can begrudge Axl continuing to use the name with a new crew. I've never understand how Axl is presented as the evil mastermind on that deal, and no one ever seems to point out how colossally stupid Slash and Duff were.

I disagree. I actually think if there is one member, then that member is Izzy. He wrote the songs. And I do not give a shit about Axl's 'dance moves' haha.

Well I do!!!! :P

Why is this even a discussion?

If Axl truly believed he was Gn'R, then then he would be doing a hell of a lot more with the name than what he does right now.

Good point. Axl owns the name and without question is entitled to more rights than slash izzy and duff combined, but it's embarressing what he's done with it. So much potential and so much pessimissim to fail.

'Guns N' Roses' is Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler/Sorum. Slash was extremely drunk and stupid to sign the name over but regardless, the legal stuff means nothing. GN'R will always be those guys.

In the eyes of the public? Absolutely. That will never change.

As for our purposes, those dummies did sign their lives away like fools. So I can't see how you can begrudge Axl continuing to use the name with a new crew. I've never understand how Axl is presented as the evil mastermind on that deal, and no one ever seems to point out how colossally stupid Slash and Duff were.

This is the best point made in this entire thread. Can't disagree with it at all.

Edited by ARBeast

For the public eye Gn'R will always be about Axl & Slash - no way around that...

I agree with you.

But I sure had a hearty chuckle over the flat out unapologetic hypocrites that will accept that HOF line-up in place of the old band. Their credibility went to shit on that one.