How successful are DJ and Bumblefoot outside of these forums?

niceguy

How successful is DJ outside of GNR forums?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love visiting these forums, mostly because it's like a trip into a different dimension, where GNR is bigger now than they were in 1992, where DJ is a better guitarist than Slash, where Bumblefoot's "Piranha" is the greatest song ever written. It's the same reason as for taking psychedelics, it's fun to get outta this world sometimes.

So, just how popular are DJ and Bumblefoot?

I live in NYC, so maybe it's MY view which is skewed. Here, no one knows about DJ or Bumble, no one talks about them in the bars, no one talks about them at shows, no one says "Oh man I can't wait to catch the next DJ show" and Piranha is never played in a bar.

In comparison, most people know who Slash is, Buckethead's shows get a lot of local coverage and attendence, and I see high-school students wearing AFD-era GNR shirts all the time. Never once seen a Chinese Democracry or "TWAT has the greatest solo ever" t-shirt.

Just curious.

Edited by niceguy

DJ is somewhat popular with 6AM or whatever. Ron and Richard are popular in music circles, and very successful in their own right, but I sincerely doubt that your average belieber has ever heard of either of them.

Also strange that you praise Bucket's non-existent popularity then knock the best solo he's ever done. You're one weird guy, I'll give you that much.

• Like 1

I'm from New York too, and I agree. Guns N Roses and Slash cause a bit of a stir when they come, as far as, I hear DJ's talk about it on the radio, I see advertisements, posters, a blurb in the paper, etc, but the members of the band individually don't mean anything here. Dizzy would come thru every now and then with Hookers and Blow for example, and I wouldn't know about it unless it was posted on the forum. Even considering the fact that BBF is from the area surprisingly doesn't put him on the radar at all.

I love visiting these forums, mostly because it's like a trip into a different dimension, where GNR is bigger now than they were in 1992, where DJ is a better guitarist than Slash, where Bumblefoot's "Piranha" is the greatest song ever written. It's the same reason as for taking psychedelics, it's fun to get outta this world sometimes.

No one actually says any of that. That's why you can't come up with any specifics. You and others like you repeatedly use the most basic of straw man arguments to basically respond to things on one has actually said. So essentially, you're getting disgruntled at your own delusion.

Priceless.

• Like 2

DJ has his own billboard in Vegas!

Billboards, and they're right by McCarren International. He's also in Sixx: A.M.

I'm from New York too

Queens? :lol:

Dj had a #1 hit before even joining GNR.

He did? In what chart?

Lies of the Beautiful People was 2011, but he did have a #2 single Pre-GNR with Life Is Beautiful

Bumblefoot I'd say is more recognized by guitarists more than anybody.

Yeah? I'm a guitarist, I'm friends with many guitarists (several shredders, too), and not one of us had ever heard of Bumblefoot before GNR---and only I know of him now. Steve Vai, Satriani, EVH, Slash, Trey Anasatnaotniansioenta (Phish guy), these guys are all talked about by guitarists here, but never once has BBF's name come up.

And I've yet to hear anyone playing Piranha when I browse thru Guitar Center.

• Like 2

Yeah? I'm a guitarist, I'm friends with many guitarists (several shredders, too), and not one of us had ever heard of Bumblefoot before GNR---and only I know of him now. Steve Vai, Satriani, EVH, Slash, Trey Anasatnaotniansioenta (Phish guy), these guys are all talked about by guitarists here, but never once has BBF's name come up.

This.

I can like Ron all I want to but that doesn't change the fact that no one outside of these boards knows who he is. Your Guitar Center example is dead on.

This.

I can like Ron all I want to but that doesn't change the fact that no one outside of these boards knows who he is. Your Guitar Center example is dead on.

Doesn't hold water though. You have to be pretty well known somewhere for the U.N. to choose you as an ambassador. He wasn't exactly starving for work before he joined Guns either.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Well I'm a guitar player and never heard anything about that Phish guy lol

That doesn't mean anything though does it?

This.

Doesn't hold water though. You have to be pretty well known somewhere for the U.N. to choose you as an ambassador. He wasn't exactly starving for work before he joined Guns either.

I hear that. I guess what I was thinking was "success = well known", but is my bad for misunderstanding.

I don't have any idea what they're personal financials are, but as many people have already mentioned both Ron and DJ were successful prior to joining GN'R.

This.

I hear that. I guess what I was thinking was "success = well known", but is my bad for misunderstanding.

I don't have any idea what they're personal financials are, but as many people have already mentioned both Ron and DJ were successful prior to joining GN'R.

I'm not a guitarist myself, so I can't say what circles they're popular in, but their credentials are too good for them not to be popular somewhere. I would like to know where though.

Not trying to put him in a league with anyone you named in terms of popularity or recognition - not even on a level with Buckethead probably. Just saying that guitarists are more likely to recognize the name than people that only listen to music.

Why does everyone give Niceguy the time of day? Brainsaber hit the nail on the head with the strawman post. He just makes up ridiculous things that no one has ever said and claims it's NuGNR fan gospel. I love Abnormal and I can't even remember how Piranha sounds.

As for the topic, why does it matter? DJ is easily the most well known member of the current lineup and is also easily the worst guitarist in the band. That alone shows how little public recognition matters.

• Like 1