Is it true that Duff wanted to come back but was refused?

100% false, Sure Duff will show up for a gig now and then but the only way he would really come back is if Slash was back too. Duff is in and out of all kinds of bands and projects and is way too busy hang around in one place unless it was the whole picture.

Edited by recklessroad

He's proven himself to be correct on many things over the years but this doesn't seem like one of them. Duff and Tommy being friends dating way back, the time gap since he checked out. Perhaps one day this will happen which i personally wouldn't count on, if the band fell apart he'd probably come to Axl's aid.

Just because MSL has been right doesn't mean he always is. He seems to be the egotistical type, who are the type to also make things up. Odd fellow, he is.

This is not a matter of being right. If Duff hasn't attempted to get back in the band then MSL has deliberately lied about having emails in his possession claiming he did OR MSL has been duped by fake emails.

Edited by SoulMonster

I think he would cover for Tommy if he was asked (big Replacements tour or if Tommy was sidelined do to an injury) and if he had no commitments. There's nothing Duff's ever said that hinted at wanting back in the band.

There was also a lot of stuff said in the press release on Axl's behalf about Slash's visit to his home that's questionable. This sounds like an unreleased press statement with the intent to discredit Duff during the lawsuits, probably written around the same time.

MSL posted that Marc is wrong. I think MSL should quit smoking weed

:drevil:

The only times Duff wanted a reunion was for the HOF. I guess the whole world wanted that... except Axl

Don't put it all on Axl. Izzy wasn't there either.

I believe Alan Niven said Izzy was going to try to talk Axl into going but Axl didn't show up for the meeting.

The only times Duff wanted a reunion was for the HOF. I guess the whole world wanted that... except Axl

I think the AFD 20th was the only time that a reunion could have happened. Most people wrote off a rock hall reunion happening.

Marc,

What do you think about MSL? How do you feel about him? Is he really legitimate or completely full of shit?

I don't even know who he is unless he is he the guy that got a hold of info from Axl's computer? Also even if he found something in there that talked about Duff coming back, doesn't mean Duff was going to come back. Maybe it was an offer from the camp?

Edited by recklessroad

Marc,

What do you think about MSL? How do you feel about him? Is he really legitimate or completely full of shit?

I don't even know who he is unless he is he the guy that got a hold of info from Axl's computer?

Yes, allegedly. That info was never released so no one knows if he really had it. He has leaked songs and had contact with the GNR camp though.

I think the only people who could give definite answers would be Axl and Duff.

Marc has a more learned opinion than you're average joe and provides us with excellent insight.

I think it is better for forum members to not take sides or start labeling people as liars unless you have absolute proof. Conjecture isn't enough.

I believe Alan Niven said Izzy was going to try to talk Axl into going but Axl didn't show up for the meeting.

Source?

Source?

http://droppingtheneedle.com/some-additional-guns-n-roses-comments-from-alan-niven/