Leaks and Axl Rose

aArief178

I don't think he is very happy when that happens. I think he would rather put them out when they are ready.

What about if they've been ready for years but for reasons beyond Axl's control they are not officially released? Would his feelings be as hurt?

I don't think he is very happy when that happens. I think he would rather put them out when they are ready.

Hey Marc, I gotta believe he doesn't like it, especially since by all intensive purposes, Axl really seems like an obsessive perfectionist. But what's your opinion as to whether or not Chinese Democracy would have ever been released without the leaks of the entire record?

I have zero inside information, I'm only speculating. But by appearances, the leaks sure seemed to get that record out. Maybe as a way of getting the weight of CD off of everyone's back, lable included. Kinda like they released the songs that had been fully leaked. It's been said that the track list that eventually made it on CD, was intended to be different. If true, and including the chain of events, it seems certainly plausible. And as to future music, leaks may be the only way these songs come out prior to Axl's remaining performing days are over.

I find it hard to believe he'd put this much work into his music only to never allow its release, regardless of whatever level of a perfectionist he may be. I also find it difficult to understand (other than attempting to force a reunion, which should by now, be known as an impossibility with 100% certainty) why the lable would refuse to release new material. As it has been alleged. Neither makes any sense. Any idea, or opiniun of the leak/release theory, or as to what could possibly be the current problem?

Edited by ll_tj1

He wasn't working the record that was done in 2002. I think the record co and Axl were at an impasse on how the record would be marketed and maybe a few other things. So yes I think the record would most likely still not be out if not for Dr Pepper's offer. Just my opinion

Edited by recklessroad

He wasn't working the record that was done in 2002. I think the record co and Axl were at an impasse on how the record would be marketed and maybe a few other things. So yes I think the record would most likely still not be out if not for Dr Pepper's offer. Just my opinion

Do you think the record company is the reason why the next record is taking so long? There's rumors that Axl brought an album to the record company in 2010 and they refused it. Do you think there's any truth to that?

Do you think the record company is the reason why the next record is taking so long? There's rumors that Axl brought an album to the record company in 2010 and they refused it. Do you think there's any truth to that?

I don't know.