Freddie Mercury vs Axl Rose

Georgy Zhukov

Poll  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's your point? I don't care who wrote the song, the bottom line is Freddie sang them, and when Axl sang those songs he did them damn well. I don't understand what your point is?

Well WWRY isn't a particularly difficult song to sing. And since when was Sail Away Sweet Sister sung by Freddie (apart from one line)? That one was by Brian.

What's your point? I don't care who wrote the song, the bottom line is Freddie sang them, and when Axl sang those songs he did them damn well. I don't understand what your point is?

Well WWRY isn't a particularly difficult song to sing. And since when was Sail Away Sweet Sister sung by Freddie (apart from one line)? That one was by Brian.

Yet Axl sounded pretty bad doing his full rasp thing :)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Fred

Freddie co-authored 15 studio albums during a 22 year period. Axl has co-authored five albums over a 27 year period. Massive difference. Further, at least six of those Queen albums (QII, SHA, ANATO, ADATR, NOTW and Innuendo) are masterpieces. Only Appetite is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Jesus is an interesting song. Freddie being a Parsi Zoroastrian makes it even more interesting. Mad the Swine would have been a better track to close the album with. That song is just beautiful but I guess they weren't satisfied with the recording enough.

News of the World is a masterpiece but you can't tell me Get Down, Make Love was any better than Jesus. The music was good though.

Freddie's voice fits more styles than Axl's. There are songs only Freddie can pull off and there's songs only Axl can pull off such as YCBM.