Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion Thread *No Spoilers*

bran

I give absolutely zero fucks about the Bran and Theon/Ramsey groups.

I could watch entire episodes of Arya/Hound and Dany/Jorah. I think that they should dedicate 4 or 5 episodes to single storylines in a later season. Like the Blackwater episode.

Edited by Broskirose

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

margery cannot become queen since her marriage to joffery was never consumated. also as for motive and all that regarding joffery. their will be more that comes out regarding his death, so you will get some resolve on this.

to answer a couple of your questions

1.i think right now tommen is 8 or 9 in the books and myrcella is 11 or 12 i believe.

2. tommen right now is the "ruler" but being so young his power is manipulated by those around him IE cersi and tywin so he really has no power until he comes of age.

3. gendry in the show is a mash up of two characters from the book one(gendry) and the other is his bastard brother edric storm. it was edric that davos saved and put in the boat, in the books gendry never leaves the brotherhood. so hard to tell which path the show will go and how they will work out not having edric in the show.

4. stannis is the one character in the show that i dislike in terms of an adaption. in the books he really isnt into the red god and really isnt attached at the hip to mellisandre. for instance in the books the guy burnt at the stake last episode for failing to get rid of his idols, was burnt in the book because he was the hand of the king to stannis and tried to make peace with the lannisters.

5. as for edmure(the one who was supposed to marry walders daughter) and the blackfish you will find out but i dont know if it will be this season,

if you feel im giving away too many spoilers im sorry i dont want to give away anything important.

Okay I thought the wedding ceremony in the big hall made it official, guess not. Tommen and Myrcella are actual Baratheons right? Or are they Jaimie's children as well? I don't remember if the show addressed that. If I had to guess, the show will take the Edric route, seems like they already have with Davos sending him away, but then why even bothering naming him Gendry?

And I think your post was very appropriate, no spoilers in my opinion.

It was addressed in the first season that Tommen and Myrcella are Jaime's kids. Robert did father a child with Cersei but she had it killed because she could not ever over her jealousy of Lyanna Stark, whom Robert was inlove with. Eddard came to that conclusion because Baratheons are known to have black hair. Since Cersei's kids are all yellow haired, they were not Robert's. And she confessed to Stark that they were all his and she killed the child she had with Robert.

Not sure with what you mean with Gendry...he is a bastard of Robert whom his mother named Gendry. Gendry Waters would be his full name since he was born in Kings Landing in The Crownlands.

margery cannot become queen since her marriage to joffery was never consumated. also as for motive and all that regarding joffery. their will be more that comes out regarding his death, so you will get some resolve on this.

1.i think right now tommen is 8 or 9 in the books and myrcella is 11 or 12 i believe.

2. tommen right now is the "ruler" but being so young his power is manipulated by those around him IE cersi and tywin so he really has no power until he comes of age.

3. gendry in the show is a mash up of two characters from the book one(gendry) and the other is his bastard brother edric storm. it was edric that davos saved and put in the boat, in the books gendry never leaves the brotherhood. so hard to tell which path the show will go and how they will work out not having edric in the show.

4. stannis is the one character in the show that i dislike in terms of an adaption. in the books he really isnt into the red god and really isnt attached at the hip to mellisandre. for instance in the books the guy burnt at the stake last episode for failing to get rid of his idols, was burnt in the book because he was the hand of the king to stannis and tried to make peace with the lannisters.

5. as for edmure(the one who was supposed to marry walders daughter) and the blackfish you will find out but i dont know if it will be this season,

if you feel im giving away too many spoilers im sorry i dont want to give away anything important.

Okay I thought the wedding ceremony in the big hall made it official, guess not. Tommen and Myrcella are actual Baratheons right? Or are they Jaimie's children as well? I don't remember if the show addressed that. If I had to guess, the show will take the Edric route, seems like they already have with Davos sending him away, but then why even bothering naming him Gendry?

ok good :lol:

they just smushed his character(gendry) together, similar to what they did with orell(the guy with the bird that jon killed) they merged him with another character named varmyr six skins. in westros you have to consumate a marriage to become official, that is why they have the whole bedding ceremony where people undress you and watch to make sure. tommen and myrcella are both jaimes.

Edited by bran

It was addressed in the first season that Tommen and Myrcella are Jaime's kids. Robert did father a child with Cersei but she had it killed because she could not ever over her jealousy of Lyanna Stark, whom Robert was inlove with. Eddard came to that conclusion because Baratheons are known to have black hair. Since Cersei's kids are all yellow haired, they were not Robert's. And she confessed to Stark that they were all his and she killed the child she had with Robert.

Not sure with what you mean with Gendry...he is a bastard of Robert whom his mother named Gendry. Gendry Waters would be his full name since he was born in Kings Landing in The Crownlands.

I meant the character in the show, why (did the writers) name him Gendry if (it looks like) they're taking the Edric route? Okay thanks for clearing that up about Tommen and Myrcella. So Stannis is still technically the rightful king. And is Davos no longer his hand?

Sorry about all the simple questions, a lot of this is just me being lazy and not rewatching old episodes.

davos is still the hand,his job is to get more ships and men for stannis.

Misread that as Davos is still the hand job for Stannis men.

I meant the character in the show, why (did the writers) name him Gendry if (it looks like) they're taking the Edric route? Okay thanks for clearing that up about Tommen and Myrcella. So Stannis is still technically the rightful king. And is Davos no longer his hand?

Sorry about all the simple questions, a lot of this is just me being lazy and not rewatching old episodes.

Because he was called Gendry in the books? Gendry and Edric are two separete characters in the books and for simplicity sake, Gendry took on the role of Edric then went back to Westeroes. It makes sense because Edric just shows up in A Storm of Swords and we never hear from him again. Why waste money on hiring a new actor when they can just have Gendry do it?

As for Davos, at the end of season 3, Davos receives the distress call from Castle Black of an upcoming battle from the Wildlings. Stannis intends to answer it, but Davos seems to have trouble getting the men.

And yes, Davos is his Hand.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

But I thought you said the guy who was burned on the stake was Stannis's hand?

Because he was called Gendry in the books? Gendry and Edric are two separete characters in the books and for simplicity sake, Gendry took on the role of Edric then went back to Westeroes. It makes sense because Edric just shows up in A Storm of Swords and we never hear from him again. Why waste money on hiring a new actor when they can just have Gendry do it?

That makes more sense, see I don't have the knowledge of "we never hear from him again" so it didn't initially make sense to me that he wasn't a full character/isn't more important than Gendry. Especially when bran said that Gendry stays with the Brotherhood, and the show made it look like they were setting him up for a shot at the Iron Throne since he was a Baratheon bastard (although thinking about that now, I'm guessing a bastard can't ascend to royalty?).

That makes more sense, see I don't have the knowledge of "we never hear from him again" so it didn't initially make sense to me that he wasn't a full character/isn't more important than Gendry. Especially when bran said that Gendry stays with the Brotherhood, and the show made it look like they were setting him up for a shot at the Iron Throne since he was a Baratheon bastard (although thinking about that now, I'm guessing a bastard can't ascend to royalty?).

If Gendry is ever legitimize, that would give him the Iron Throne. That is why Joffery had all the bastards killed because any of them could be a contender if the people rally behind them. Plus he would not want anyone to see these bastards and realize they looked more like Robert than he did.

Axell Flortent was Hand to Stannis briefly in the books until he came up with this dumb plan to lay seige to some random castle on an island. Davos called him out on it and Stannis named Davos Hand because he had the balls to give Stannis consul even if the opinion would be unpopular.

The writers want to make us think Stannis would be a terrible king, but in reality, he would have been a great king. As long Davos is his hand.

If Gendry is ever legitimize, that would give him the Iron Throne. That is why Joffery had all the bastards killed because any of them could be a contender if the people rally behind them. Plus he would not want anyone to see these bastards and realize they looked more like Robert than he did.

Axell Flortent was Hand to Stannis briefly in the books until he came up with this dumb plan to lay seige to some random castle on an island. Davos called him out on it and Stannis named Davos Hand because he had the balls to give Stannis consul even if the opinion would be unpopular.

The writers want to make us think Stannis would be a terrible king, but in reality, he would have been a great king. As long Davos is his hand.

Ah right, I really gotta rewatch the series when this season is done, can't believe I forgot about the hunt for Baratheon bastards. So does that mean that Joffrey realized that he was not a Baratheon? I don't remember the show insinuating that, I thought Cersei gave the order to kill the bastards.

And thanks, that clears up the Stannis's hand issue. From what I've seen in the show I'd have to agree about him; with Davos and without Melisandre, he seems like a pretty good guy. Also I just like Stephen Dillane a lot, so I may be a bit biased. Though it was nice to see him caring for his daughter this episode, when his wife suggested harming her.

yeah alester florent (axell's brother) was the one burnt for trying to make piece. axell wanted to take claw island to teach the celtigars a lesson for abandoning stannis at blackwater.

Ah right, I really gotta rewatch the series when this season is done, can't believe I forgot about the hunt for Baratheon bastards. So does that mean that Joffrey realized that he was not a Baratheon? I don't remember the show insinuating that, I thought Cersei gave the order to kill the bastards.

And thanks, that clears up the Stannis's hand issue. From what I've seen in the show I'd have to agree about him; with Davos and without Melisandre, he seems like a pretty good guy. Also I just like Stephen Dillane a lot, so I may be a bit biased. Though it was nice to see him caring for his daughter this episode, when his wife suggested harming her.

joffery heard the rumors and called cersei out on it, then cersei slapped him in the face :lol:

I think Cersei gave the order, but Joffery was the one who instigated it. Joffery may have believed he is Robert's son, but since we never get a POV of Joffery (and who would want to?) but the rumors of incest pretty much caused Joffery to want Robert's bastards killed.

Stannis is an evil mother fucker under Melisandre. Though he always saw what he did was right, he see's it as his duty to get the throne. He will do what it takes. Davos and Mel have different ideas to get the Iron Throne for Stannis. I also liked him caring for his daughter.

So did Gendry actually had sex with Mel? I don't know how that guy did not get a boner. You think when filmming these sex scenes did an actor ever go "Oops, must have slipped in your vagina. Sorry!"

• Like 1

The director of a few of the episodes (including the most recent) has made it known that we'll know who killed Joffrey before the end of the season.

you will basically find out sooner rather than later, the pacing of this season is going to be fast.

In the books Stannis has two motivations to get the throne:

- One is that it's his by right. The guy is obsessed with following the rules. He doesn't even want to be king but feels he has to so he will do everything in his power to get it.

- The other is that (fifth book spoiler)

Melisandre misinterpreted her visions and thinks he is Azor Ahai. He listens to her because so far she's been effective. I think once one of the Targaryens returns with a better claim to the throne than him and it's proven to him he's not Azor Ahai he would be willing to give up his claim. But let's face it, he will probably die soon anyway.

I loved not having Dany for an episode, Emilia's acting really annoys me. The same goes for Kit Harington.

Thought Alfie Allen did a great job with the small section he had in this episode, his reaction to discovering Robb's death was really well-acted. I usually like Iwan Rheon but I can't stand his portrayal of Ramsay and that whole hunting scene was very unnecessary (especially as I've since found out that it was only talked about in the books, and not 'shown' so to speak).

Jack Gleeson did an incredible job of portraying Joffrey, really spectacular. The only qualm I have with this section of the episode was Lena's (Cersei) acting, it was especially bad when compared to Jack. It seemed like a phoned in performance with reacting to Joffrey dying etc.

That scene between her and Brienne was weird and out-of-character for her.

Sophie did a good job with Sansa as she usually does, she plays her wonderfully.

I'm half-way through the first A Dance with Dragons book, but I can't reconcile what I've read in the book to the homosexuality of Oberyn and Loras in the TV series?

Is it insinuated in the books I've read that they are 'pillow-biters'? Because I must have been lazily reading when they did.

PS. I wish they hadn't recast Daario Naharis - the replacement is fairly incompatible with the book's description.

I'm half-way through the first A Dance with Dragons book, but I can't reconcile what I've read in the book to the homosexuality of Oberyn and Loras in the TV series?

Is it insinuated in the books I've read that they are 'pillow-biters'? Because I must have been lazily reading when they did.

PS. I wish they hadn't recast Daario Naharis - the replacement is fairly incompatible with the book's description.

yeah i really dont know why they really upped the gay factor of both characters where in the books it was an after thought. for some reason though especially with loras they made it his defining trait.

Halfway through the second ADWD books, fuck me I've found it a challenge to get through of this one. Not sure why as the rest were a breeze, I think it has something to do with me dislike of Dany and wanting to finish reading whenever I come across one of her chapters :lol:

Halfway through the second ADWD books, fuck me I've found it a challenge to get through of this one. Not sure why as the rest were a breeze, I think it has something to do with me dislike of Dany and wanting to finish reading whenever I come across one of her chapters :lol:

at least for you guys those books were broken up into two parts :lol: