Mel Gibson;

Snake-Pit

mel%20muscles.jpg

That poor license plate...

His films, his career, his life growing up in Australia, his behaviour, his would be comeback.

I've heard stories in the press back in day about him being anti Semitic and drunk off his ass and arrested this one time.

Guest Len B'stard

jew-hating cunt.

Passion of Christ was well made too.

Yes. yes. Of course it was. :lol:

The long drawn out torturous abuse of an icon of religion, works for me :lol:

JOKES! Don't take that bad anyone! :D

• Like 1

Can't stand him, jew-hating cunt.

I think I've debated you on this before, but I don't think he's consciously anti-Semitic. I think he's a raging alcoholic whose dad was a Holocaust denier and who probably has all kinds of repressed issues that surface after heavy drinking. I'm not defending his statements or his behaviour, but as someone who's had alcoholic blackouts and said/done things I'd NEVER do in my 'normal' mindset, I'm not at all surprised that someone who grew up with a notorious bigot and anti-Semite would perhaps have such thoughts buried deep in their psyche.

At the end of the day Hollywood is FULL of truly fucked up individuals. You gotta separate the art from the artist.

In Gibson's case he was a very gifted, charismatic screen presence. Unfortunately he has faced a huge decline since his arrest, and as you say, he's not doing much lately but part of the reason for that is because no one wants to hire him. It's unfortunate in some regards, I would still like to see a Lethal Weapon 5.

Proof of his acting talent, at least:

whoopie goldberg defended him as being a tolerant person but an asshole. and she's an n-i-double-guh-er so you know she's right

please refrain from such stupid and casually racist remarks in the future.

thanks.

Get The Gringo and The Beaver were great.

i thought his performance in the beaver was quite brilliant on its own terms but the film as a whole was let down by its saccharine direction. jodie foster is talented but i think it was her debut as a director and it really showed. in the hands of a more talented filmmaker it could have been a masterpiece.

get the gringo was cool if you take it as a sequel to payback which gibson said it pretty much was in all but name (for copyright reasons, etc). it's basically the same character as from payback.

I will because you told me to and you're the boss but I must say that I don't think that's stupid at all and not because the word doesn't mean anything in this day and age. It's because that's a really creative and clever way to say it based on Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. It isn't stupid; it's brilliant.

I edited it to make it even funnier and to make the satire even more apparent. :)

Edited by Amish

The Beaver could have been a masterpiece??? It was underrated, I'll give it that.

As far as Whoopi Goldberg goes, I don't know if she takes sides to provoke or to get people to have an open mind about someone. If the women on The View were criticizing Axl for past incidents, she'd be the one defending him. I just don't know if she actually believes the things she says.

Edited by dalsh327

To be fair though, who hasn't done some horrible shit (and luckily not have it recorded in some form) along the way?

I have done a lot of shit I would be ashamed of if I hadn't accepted I have moved on, there's no point beating myself up for something I did 20 years ago really (and I've learnt my lesson/not repeating it)

I'm glad there hasn't been cameras/recording devices everytime I've gotten fucked up and cut loose haha, and while I don't really know what Mel's stance truly is but if I'm looking to hurt someone with words I'll call them anything under the sun-that doesn't really mean that's my stance.

As in

Love Mad Max 1 and 2. First two Lethal Weapons are good. Gallipoli is decent. Can take or leave the rest of his filmography.

The Year Of Living Dangerously

The Bounty

Tequila Sunrise

those are quality films...damn I actually thought there would be more...

Love Mad Max 1 and 2. First two Lethal Weapons are good. Gallipoli is decent. Can take or leave the rest of his filmography.

The Year Of Living Dangerously

The Bounty

Tequila Sunrise

those are quality films...damn I actually thought there would be more...

Payback, Patriot and Air America are good also.

:D

Guest Len B'stard

Can't stand him, jew-hating cunt.

I think I've debated you on this before, but I don't think he's consciously anti-Semitic. I think he's a raging alcoholic whose dad was a Holocaust denier and who probably has all kinds of repressed issues that surface after heavy drinking. I'm not defending his statements or his behaviour, but as someone who's had alcoholic blackouts and said/done things I'd NEVER do in my 'normal' mindset, I'm not at all surprised that someone who grew up with a notorious bigot and anti-Semite would perhaps have such thoughts buried deep in their psyche.

At the end of the day Hollywood is FULL of truly fucked up individuals. You gotta separate the art from the artist.

In Gibson's case he was a very gifted, charismatic screen presence. Unfortunately he has faced a huge decline since his arrest, and as you say, he's not doing much lately but part of the reason for that is because no one wants to hire him. It's unfortunate in some regards, I would still like to see a Lethal Weapon 5.

Proof of his acting talent, at least:

Whatever man, conciously, sub-conciously, possessed by the ghost Joseph Mengele, i don't know, i just take it in the straight ahead sense of listening to the shit that comes out of the mans mouth, I ain't interested in being his therapist. And i do separate the art from the artist, he's simply not a particularly good actor. He's not bad by any means but he's certainly not exceptional or a notable talent. As far as that clip of Lethal Weapon, that to me just looks like a pisshead acting a scene where he has to act like a pisshead.

His acting is at best enough to hold your attention and at worst fucking dire. Booze ain't an excuse for nothing. If you can't hack a fuckin' drink then don't take one but don't blame drink for your showing yourself up as the cunt that you truly are (not you, Gibson :lol:)

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 2