April 23rd, 2014 - Golden Gods - Los Angeles, CA - Axl receives "Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award"

If you can't see why Slayer is so highly regarded by fans you probably have no idea what thrash metal is all about. While Megadeth and Metallica were once cutting edge thrash bands, they lost that edge eventually whereas Slayer only heightened their intensity over the years. They had one of the best drummers in the entire L.A. metal scene. Tom could go from a low, gruff semi-growl to a King Diamond falsetto in one breath. Jeff and Kerry were playing riffs so fast that a lot of people didn't think it was possible to replicate it all live, but they did it and then some. They weren't the most varied, but they are probably the most important thrash band from the USA.

Dude, I saw Metallica twice this past summer at Orion. They were fucking awesome. Professionals, sounded great, and put 100% into both performances. The first show had them doing Kill Em All to a smaller audience and it was the craziest show I have been to. Night 2 was a regular, "big show" set and that was also increadible. Just because they grew up and decided to do things they like doesn't mean they are less "thrash." They are still heavy but without sacrificing the music. And I liked Death Magnetic so suck it! :awesomeface:

But yeah, I just don't like Slayer. If you do then awesome! I know they are one of the Big 4 or thrash so I respect that

That guy on the left of Eddie (camera left) is such an idiot.

:lol: i remember all of his comments during the TMS episode i saw were really annoying me, he's basically one of those elitist metalheads who think everything other than metal is awful and beneath him, like he's got kind of an angry vendetta against non-metal music and stuff, it was making me sick. nothing wrong with metal at all but when you start acting like other music is shit by default you need a reality check.